Little0ne

Dutch Police Certificate

3 posts in this topic

I currently live in korea and I need a police certificate from the Netherlands because I've lived there for 3 years. I've read on the internet that it's not possible to request it myself so the consulate in Korea has to request it for me. I also read on a dutch website that it is possible to request it myself. I have no idea which is true. Does anyone have more information about this? Please let me know ASAP.

Thnk you~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I currently live in korea and I need a police certificate from the Netherlands because I've lived there for 3 years. I've read on the internet that it's not possible to request it myself so the consulate in Korea has to request it for me. I also read on a dutch website that it is possible to request it myself. I have no idea which is true. Does anyone have more information about this? Please let me know ASAP.

Thnk you~

According to the Department of State:

Police Records

Available. Police records can only be requested for immigrant visa applicants by the United States Consulate or Embassy where the applicant's case is being processed. Any certificate presented directly by applicants cannot be accepted. To request a police record, the visa processing post should send an email to the Consulate General in Amsterdam at ImmigrantVisasAMS@state.gov. The request must include:

Applicant's full name(s) including aliases:

Date, city/town and country of birth;

Complete address of last residence in The Netherlands.

The Consulate General in Amsterdam may need up to 15 working days to obtain the certificate, provided there is no derogatory information concerning the applicant. If there is derogatory information it may take up to five weeks.

The certificate, which is in the Dutch language, covers criminal investigations only. Criminal records are expunged after a number of years, depending on the offense, following termination of the case (i.e., after service of any prison sentence) provided no other offense is committed in the interim. Police records may, therefore, not constitute a full summary of criminal records. Applicants with a criminal history can obtain their own conviction record from the sentencing court.

These certificates may be used only in processing immigrant visa applications and may not be given to the applicant or to any private individual. The visa applicant may not be informed of the source of any derogatory information contained in the police certificate.

YMMV

if it's the same certificate i needed, which i think it is, then you cannot request it yourself.

"Police records can only be requested for immigrant visa applicants by the United States Consulate or Embassy where the applicant's case is being processed."

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9694#docs

my wife called nvc to make sure they sent out a request, cos apparently they were unaware that we could not file for this certificate ourselves in the netherlands.

hope it helps a bit.

i see payxibka was faster :)

Edited by beachgod

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.