G&Mhk

A bit overwhelmed

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I am a bit overwhelmed but what I've read on this forum so far makes me feel better.

My intended bride is from Indonesia and she works in Hong Kong as domestic helper (DH)/maid.

I have a few questions:

1) I have proof that I have been to Hong Kong a few times in the last few years -- just got back yesterday -- so bills or passport stamps should be enough for me?

I have photos with my intended in Hong Kong from this trip and earlier ones.

2) My big question concerns name. My intended uses a more Western style name on Facebook and among her friends than her real Indonesian name on her passport.

Will this be a problem when submitting the e-mail proof? She never changed her name legally.

3) We have planned to get marry in America but we don't have engagement rings yet or a date for the wedding (obviously it will be 90 days after she arrives). Is that okay?

4) I am going to submit the K1 application using my current address but I plan on moving to a larger place before she gets here. Will this be a problem? I don't know my new address yet because it depends on where I can afford a larger apartment.

Thank you for helping me as I begin this amazing journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm not too sure about the name issue so can't help you with that one, sorry :( But if you move while in the process you need to fill out a form on the USCIS website, i can't remember what it's calle dbut it's on there and you just do it all on line (my Travis had to do that) I (beneficiary) have moved since filing aswell and i am just going to email the consulate soon to tell them about my change of address.

It doesn't matter if you don't have a set wedding date or plans. travis and I don't have a set date as it's just too hard to set one as i'm sure you would know, lol. we're just going to have a quick courthouse type wedding this year and then a bigger one with family etc in a year or so when we have the money and are all settled in :).

Engagement ring shouldn't really matter either. I actually told Travis not to worry about one as he isn't working at the moment but he just got me one a few weeks ago ( we've been engaged since January). but i really don't think it's an issue.

HOpe that helps even a little! Good luck with your Journey, I hope it is fast for you!

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just re read your post again. For Proof of meeting within the two years we sent my passport stamps also. We also sent hotel receipts and copies of all of my borading passes and some stuff from our bank (We had to have been in the same place to open the accounts so that worked)

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1. Should be fine, passport stamps are considered 'primary evidence' but include pictures and such as well

2. you should list her western name under 'other names used' on the petition. that should help

3. I am a married woman without an engagement ring. At our interview my lack of a ring wasn't mentioned. Having an engagement ring is not a requirement

4. Not a problem, list the address as it is now and when it changes, notifiy the correct department

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.