MaryMark

Canceling Issued USCIS

20 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1C Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Sure they don't qualify, but most apply for them and unfortunately get them. They claim they have lost money, can't go back, don't have any bank accounts, cars, house, etc.

Do you know of actual cases where LPRs have received means tested benefits despite being ineligible for them? Do all the border-hopping illegals also receive regular benefits for the same reasons listed? Highly unlikely- if you're ineligble for any government benefit you're pretty much not going to receive it, unless you commit fraud like lying about your status. The government rejects applications all the time on grounds of ineligibility.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's not fraud for an immigrant to apply for or receive means tested benefits. In the I-864, the sponsor legally agreed to repay the US government if the immigrant receives means tested benefits.

Legally it is not fraud for an intending immigrant to tell the sponsor that he/she will not apply for means tested benefits and then do so once he/she is admitted as am LPR. People are free to change their minds. There is no legal contract between the sponsor and the immigrant about means tested benefits. The sponsor by signing the I-864 is on notice that he/she is responsible if the immigrant receives means tested benefits.

I agree with what you say about signing the contract. But, the law around the contract itself should be changed. It is like when you sign it it is written in stone. I guess it is because the sponsorship is based on family members that you trust and think you know. But, marriages break up and get nullified all the time. Why can't I-864?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I agree with what you say about signing the contract. But, the law around the contract itself should be changed. It is like when you sign it it is written in stone. I guess it is because the sponsorship is based on family members that you trust and think you know. But, marriages break up and get nullified all the time. Why can't I-864?

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Update:

I was able to give them hell and they decided to pack-up and leave. It is final! No more free rides. They are history :D

One thing to learn and worth mentioning - at least from my perspective. Be very careful when you sign the petition. Your signature is more valid than the one on your marriage certificate or on your house deed. It is very hard to back out of it. It just does not worth it. If you miss them that much, go back or give them a visit every six months - it is cheaper. If it is your spouse's relative, as in my case, have a heart-to-heart talk or see a counselor - it is cheaper. They can simply ruin your life, marriage, job, ...sanity...

Thank you everyone for your input,

Mary-

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you have fraud, see an attorney, ICE and USCIS, sorry for your trouble.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.