tontontons

fiance visa and child

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi. i filed for fiance visa and added my child to it. it has already been approved by uscis. went through the nvc. and they just sent it to the consulate...

my question is. do i need to still do anything for my child who is on the petition also? like file any reports?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi. i filed for fiance visa and added my child to it. it has already been approved by uscis. went through the nvc. and they just sent it to the consulate...

my question is. do i need to still do anything for my child who is on the petition also? like file any reports?

If you are the petitioner and this is your biological child then the child can't get a visa. The child has a claim to US citizenship. You need to file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and get the child a US passport.

If this is not your biological child, or if you are the beneficiary and not the petitioner, then the child will apply for a K2 visa. The process is more or less the same as the K1 visa application, give or take some of the forms.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

what form is this? and is there a fee for this stuff?

Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary? If the child was included in the original K1 petition and you are preparing for the interview you need to look on your Embassy website and follow what requirements they have for medical and forms for the interview. There should be details of costs for medical and interview.

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.