Jen&Barry

Best ticket fares

9 posts in this topic

Is there a best time of the week to look for airline tics? I heard someone mention Tuesday's is when they have the best deals. Am I right? Needing to find some tics asap and prices have gone up, it's unbelieveable. My Barry is coming to visit me June 30, 2011 and we need to get a good deal. He is bringing his daughter along for the visit.

Anyone pls.

Thanks a whole lot.

Jen And Barry

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there a best time of the week to look for airline tics? I heard someone mention Tuesday's is when they have the best deals. Am I right? Needing to find some tics asap and prices have gone up, it's unbelieveable. My Barry is coming to visit me June 30, 2011 and we need to get a good deal. He is bringing his daughter along for the visit.

Anyone pls.

Thanks a whole lot.

Jen And Barry

I wish that I could be of some assistance but I don't know anything about the flight to and from England. I have heard that sometimes you can get a better fare if you fly to a more regular route such as London to NY or Toronto and then on to you destination but I haven't flown to the UK since I was a kid and nobody I know flies to London regularly.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Tuesdays and Wedndays seem to be the best days as far as prices go. Your going to pay a bit more for missing the 21 day notice (price break thing) though. I would check each of these down below and just play with the times, dates, etc... and see what one has the best deal atm.

http://www.cheaptickets.com/

http://www.orbitz.com

http://www.travelocity.com/

http://www.expedia.com/

http://www.priceline.com/

http://www.kayak.com/

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Another idea is to look for those "phantom" seats that show up. It happens every once in a while and sometimes late at night, one seat will be at a much lower price. The airlines have been known to release a few seats on flights that are not at capacity usually at a sale price. I've snagged a few so you never know. Good Luck!!! good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I used lastminute.com which was the cheapest fares from the UK I could find. It ended up being cheaper to buy a return instead of a one-way ticket, and picking a return flight with an awful schedule.

ETA: Oops, I see this is for a visit so you'd need a return ticket anyway. Best of luck! It is super expensive during the summer months, isn't it? :( Tuesdays and sometimes weekends are the cheapest days to fly in my experience.

Edited by Bandage Girl

The Story So Far:

Sep 2009 - Met at University in UK

Apr 1 2011 - Engaged!

Apr 18 2011 - Sent I-129F...hoping for the best.

Apr 29 2011 - NOA 1 - California Service Center

Jul 14 2011 - NOA 2 (76 days after NOA 1)

event.png

He checked today June 21. In almost 2 years time prices have shot up!! He got two tickets one for him and his daughter. They were about 700 british pounds plus each ticket was 200 in taxes for each ticket!! We both searched hundreds of sites, mostly cheap tickets.co.uk, etc. Nothing at all below 700 unless it didnt matter when you wanted to go then it was cheaper, but with us it wasn't the case. We both had set dates for vacation and his daughter needed to start college very soon after the trip.Thanks for all your replies. He got his tickets now so a huge relief. Yes it is for round trip. Might get married or just engaged on this visit, issues with co-sponsor who is helping co-sponsor with me.(Jen) Until then he's scared that she'd get hit by a bus or something and we'd be married but apart thousands of miles away. I cant bring him here on my income alone and do need her help. No one else will help so we will be patient till then. Who knows, things can still change. Whether or not we get married now or later will change which visa to apply for. Thank you for letting me share with you. xx

He checked today June 21. In almost 2 years time prices have shot up!! He got two tickets one for him and his daughter. They were about 700 british pounds plus each ticket was 200 in taxes for each ticket!! We both searched hundreds of sites, mostly cheap tickets.co.uk, etc. Nothing at all below 700 unless it didnt matter when you wanted to go then it was cheaper, but with us it wasn't the case. We both had set dates for vacation and his daughter needed to start college very soon after the trip.Thanks for all your replies. He got his tickets now so a huge relief. Yes it is for round trip. Might get married or just engaged on this visit, issues with co-sponsor who is helping co-sponsor with me.(Jen) Until then he's scared that she'd get hit by a bus or something and we'd be married but apart thousands of miles away. I cant bring him here on my income alone and do need her help. No one else will help so we will be patient till then. Who knows, things can still change. Whether or not we get married now or later will change which visa to apply for. Thank you for letting me share with you. xx

:blink:

Yikes! I had heard ticket prices were climbing up there...but I didn't realize how much until reading your post. Fuel cost, summer months, and short notice...but still that's a lot of dough.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."