lovepath

Not sure if this needs Arabic to English translation

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear VJers

So my fiance does not know much english. So we communicate in Arabic. Because neither her computer or mine support Arabic letters, we often write Arabic words with "english" roman characters. For example, when saying "I love you" in Arabic, we write "Ba hibbik" (Arabic word, but englich/roman characters). Do notes written in this format need to be translated by a translator from Arabic to English?

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are providing evidence or documents in any language other than English, it needs to be translated to English.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Is this for chats? I speak much in Arabic in my chats to practice and learn the language. they say show chats and that you communicate. Never said to translate these and I do not intent to as it is over 3 years of comminicating and about 50 pages a day printed out. I am choosing only the first page of a day to show we talked. for USCIS i printed out a month and it was 2 reams of paper. Really these are not sworn affivats. It is just to show you talk to each ohter. My lawyer did not say to get any of this translated when he sent the 25 pounds of evidence to USCIS so the embassy is going to see Arabic from me and English from him. You know I speak to other women here with bf's or husbands in Morocco and we write in Arabic. just to practice

Dear VJers

So my fiance does not know much english. So we communicate in Arabic. Because neither her computer or mine support Arabic letters, we often write Arabic words with "english" roman characters. For example, when saying "I love you" in Arabic, we write "Ba hibbik" (Arabic word, but englich/roman characters). Do notes written in this format need to be translated by a translator from Arabic to English?

Thank you.

You need to show the common language used to communicate if he does not speak English. So if you do need to get them translated (which I don't think you do but not 100% sure), you would still need to send the Arabic version to show that you both communicate in Arabic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If they cannot read it how can they establish relationship or anything else.

If you are providing it as evidence it must be translated for them to read!

Page 4 of the I-129F instructions clearly states that anything being submitted to them must have a translation.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband and I did not send any chats because he is not a computer guy...This was never an issue.

We did have to prove that we spoke a common language (we got that 4 page RFE) and so, I sent my school transcripts showing that I had studied Arabic and we sent his showing his classes in English. This was enough for USCIS and the embassy.

I wouldn't think that you would need to translate your chats. Your chats show that you are communicating. I sent in my phone bills that showed how often we spoke and sent text messages....this was also enough for USCIS and the embassy to prove communication

I think that if you are writing in transliteration, that would show a common language. It's not like you can use google translator to get by with. Personally, I wouldn't translate my chats. Others here may have a different opinion on this.

Where are you in your visa journey?

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey thank you everybody for your help...you guys are great!!!

illnevergetthis, we are waiting for our interview which is in about 2 weeks (scared). As for proof we communicated in a common language, I am not sure what to do. All I can say is that both me and her are native arabic speakers. The thing is she almost does not know english at all...and I am worried that this might be a problem/disadvantage at the interview.

Thanks again all!!!

As long as there is proof that you both speak a common language, you should be okay. Just make sure it's explained what the common language is, and there is proof that you are able to communicate with each other in that language.

Also, whatever the language that you communicate is the language she should do the interview in.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I agree with msheesa. You have a common language and you can prove it, so that's good. It's ok that she doesn't know much English...she'll learn once she gets here.

Good luck with the interview and try not to stress too much!! :thumbs:

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.