MOandDB

Case Status at the USCIS website

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

I'm getting worried. We filed our K1 visa since Feb 22. We already got the receipt and all. I've been placing the receipt number on the case status at the uscis website, but then my case is always not found. And it's already 4 months!

Is this normal? Or does this mean that something is wrong with our application? should we start making calls to the NVC? Thanks so much!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi!

I'm getting worried. We filed our K1 visa since Feb 22. We already got the receipt and all. I've been placing the receipt number on the case status at the uscis website, but then my case is always not found. And it's already 4 months!

Is this normal? Or does this mean that something is wrong with our application? should we start making calls to the NVC? Thanks so much!

Mo, did you get your hard copy of NOA1?

If yes don't worry about not finding your case on the website...It's unreliable 100%; I can never get access to it,some others people got their NOA2 and on the website they were still on "Initial review"; uscis personel too have made it clear not to rely on it. But if it makes you feel better you can always try to call USCIS (not NVC) customer service and ask to speak to a tier 2 officer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mo, did you get your hard copy of NOA1?

If yes don't worry about not finding your case on the website...It's unreliable 100%; I can never get access to it,some others people got their NOA2 and on the website they were still on "Initial review"; uscis personel too have made it clear not to rely on it. But if it makes you feel better you can always try to call USCIS (not NVC) customer service and ask to speak to a tier 2 officer.

yeah we already have the hard copy of our NOA1. And thanks for your reply. this makes me feel a lot better. it's just that all this waiting is making me feel more anxious. and everytime i check the website, i get the same response! at least now i know that it's unreliable 100%. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My NOA1 was February 18. The case status on the USCIS website never worked for me -- always got the case not found error message -- until last week when I tried it and a Post Decision Activity notice popped up. So I wouldn't worry about it.

July, 2006: Meet while on holiday in Brisbane, QLD.

A little later on in July, 2006: Drop pretense of being 'just friends.'

Feb. 2007 - November 2010: Eight cross-earth visits. Have our one-year "time actually spent together in person" anniversary.

Feb. 3, 2011: Engaged.

Feb. 14, 2011: Send off I-129F packet.

Feb. 18, 2011: NOA1.

June 10, 2011: NOA-frickin'-2.

July 7, 2011: Packet 3 received. Still don't have the police certificate or medical yet, oops.

September 6, 2011: Interview at Sydney Consulate. Passed!

September 9, 2011: Visa in hand.

October 6, 2011: His POE in LAX, then on to Washington, D.C.!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.