The Rice King

Should I include A DVD with Skype video calls?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all again.

I work in IT so I know my way around very well with computers. I was thinking of using a special plugin for Skype that would allow us to record our live video calls and include it as part of our initial visa request packet. I can easy convert the files to DVD playback format and add menus. Even if they don't ever play it on their computers at least it will show that is there if they want to dig deeper. What do you guys think about this idea? I'm sure I'm not the first person who though of it. Please feel free to provide me with the pros of cons of this.

Nope... that would not be viewed.

Since you are from IT background you are also aware running such media could also be a gateway to get malware in their system.

They never look at any digital evidence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What I have been doing to document skype video chats is to use windows 7 snipping tool to turn whatever is on the screen into a photo. I do this after the call so it has the date and the length of the conversation. I couldn't figure out any other way in skype to print off list of video calls. Perhaps someone else knows?? We then use yahoo just for chat. That archives each chat session individually. Which makes it easy. If you chat in skype then the important information of the video calls get mixed in with that chats, which run together. Kinda confusing to explain...LOL

As far as sending in digital media. I can see why they would not want it. for the I-129 I had pictures of our visit but they did not have date stamp on them. I tried to go into the camera to see if they could be turned on after the fact. I couldn't find a way so I just had them printed without and then wrote on the back the dates and who was in the pictures. I also sent a CDR with the digital files from my camera if they really wanted to verify the dates. In the computer data for the pictures they do have the time/date on them. I could see where they would not want to put it on their computers due to danger of Trojans. But I would think they could have a single computer set up just for doing that. But then that would be too much work getting out of ones cubicle. :rofl:

Hi all again.

I work in IT so I know my way around very well with computers. I was thinking of using a special plugin for Skype that would allow us to record our live video calls and include it as part of our initial visa request packet. I can easy convert the files to DVD playback format and add menus. Even if they don't ever play it on their computers at least it will show that is there if they want to dig deeper. What do you guys think about this idea? I'm sure I'm not the first person who though of it. Please feel free to provide me with the pros of cons of this.

Her family sang a very heartwarming Karaoke of "leaving on a jet plane" to me on departure. I included a you tube link on my Intent to Marry narrative on my initial 129F application. I really doubt they will look at it but is probably more likely they would do that than insert outside media into a PC. Being in IT guy you know they probably have stringent rules against that since it is behind the firewall. Also depending on how the USICS PC is configured there could be major compatibility problems. Anyway just an idea.

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.