long&kieu

any Input on my situation...

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

About the insurance, adding her name to your LIFE insurance or AUTO insurance would be helpful. These won't require SSN. I added my wife's name to my life insurance and IRA accounts as the sole beneficiary. I also got a little discount for my auto insurance when I added her name to my policy. She already had her driver's license in VN.

Why would her name be added to your car insurance policy before she gets here, she's not in the US and won't be until she gets approved for the visa. Won't the consulate think this is weird?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Why would her name be added to your car insurance policy before she gets here, she's not in the US and won't be until she gets approved for the visa. Won't the consulate think this is weird?

+1

Through my journey from the get go up to this point, I have heard many many wild things, and this has to take the cake.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not to scare you or anything but I want to provide a similar case that could be like yours. One of my relatives did CR1 and only had 1 visit. After the interview they provided a white sheet asking 5 things: timeline, 10 year residency(petitioner/beneficiary), beneficiary relatives in USA, and any evidence to submit on the submission date. I'm just giving you a heads up so you don't end up getting this result.

* Consular officers are not convinced that there is a petitionable relationship between the petitioner and beneficary. Please submit photos and other documentary evidence such as old household registration books, school grade books.etc... which supports the claim of a petitionable relationship. Please label and itemize all materials submitted.

Just an update of what happened. After submission they gave blue slip for AP. A lawyer is following the case for my relative.

so did they get a blue slip after providing all of that??

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

• 6 months later...

interview yesterday and approved!! thanks for all your input guys!! I'll get more details tonight when I talk to my wife...

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

interview yesterday and approved!! thanks for all your input guys!! I'll get more details tonight when I talk to my wife...

Congratz Long, happy for both of you!!! So how many trips did you eventually made it back..were you able to be at her interview??

Congrats!!!

K-1 Visa

I-129F application received at USCIS: November 30, 2010

I-129F approved: March 28, 2011

Packet 3 Received: April 11, 2011

Packet 3 forms submitted to Consulate: May 4, 2011

Packet 4 received: June 16th, 2011

Interview date: July 25, 2011 (Pink!)

Pick up Visa: August 1, 2011

POE: August 5th, 2001 (Woot!)

Congratz Long, happy for both of you!!! So how many trips did you eventually made it back..were you able to be at her interview??

just the one for the marriage, even though I have been there several time and have met her, I had no evidence for those trips...and no I didn't make it to the interview either

as my wife couldn't remember everything in exact detail, here is a summary in my words from what I gathered...

1. How did you meet your husband? I meet him when he visited his grandpa's house, my neighbor. My parents told me to bring fruit over there and I saw him for the first time and we greeted each other.

2. When did you start a relationship with your husband? July, 2010

3. How many times has he visited since that time? Once

4. When was the wedding?? May 15, 2011

5. How many people were there? 140, about 110 people on the brides side and 30 on the grooms

6. Did anyone from the United States come to the wedding? Yes, his mom, dad, sister and cousin.

7. What does your husband do for a living? His mom?? Architecture and mom works as a manager.

8. Where does he live?? She stated the address.

9. Where did he obtain his architecture degree? Lawrence Tech University

They asked for pictures of when we spent time with each other and my wife gave them a stack which they weeded out and only kept pictures of us together questioning why the other pictures were in the pile.

They did not look at all the Skype or call logs I put together or any of the evidence I provided for the interview.

Basically, if you read through this topic, many people said I had a small chance of passing...but nonetheless, I got lucky as heck.

If you have any questions, I'll answer the best I can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.