6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I filled the DS-230 with a blue ink pen. Would this be a problem? Would it be sent back as an RFE?

Also, I had sent the AOS documents and DS-230 packets a couple of weeks back, and still the status in the Voice response system is : "A packet of information has been sent to you on June 7th....". How long does it usually take for the NVC to update the status in the system?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I filled the DS-230 with a blue ink pen. Would this be a problem? Would it be sent back as an RFE?

Also, I had sent the AOS documents and DS-230 packets a couple of weeks back, and still the status in the Voice response system is : "A packet of information has been sent to you on June 7th....". How long does it usually take for the NVC to update the status in the system?

if they dont day anything else in their instructions i suppose it should be fine. but u never know what kinds of rfe they send... i ve seen the weirdest ones. so just wait and see what happens.

i was told to give the nvc 20 days from mailing documents to them being entered into the system. guess this depends on how fast local mail services are - but if it s been longer than 20 days u might as well call them and talk to an operator. usually they update the status immediately, at least that s what i ve experienced.

event.png

event.png

I miss him endlessly - and can't wait to finally be united again.

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Should be ok. government forms almost always say use Blue or Black ink.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

Did u summitte PCC from India. If you did then how did u get it? In my city, they want interview appointment letter.Let me know how did u get it..

Timeline

Did u summitte PCC from India. If you did then how did u get it? In my city, they want interview appointment letter.Let me know how did u get it..

They will ask for that just give them one of the email you received in which PPC is included as the list of required document or just give the print of web page that says PPC required.

I was asked for the letter initially after that police forgot all about it and they never asked it.

Timeline

You just need to let them understand that the interview would be scheduled only if you submit the PCC :)

You need a PCC from the local passport office, and one from the local police office (City Police commissioner office/SP office)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.