korinalle

year 2010 taxes

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Finland
Timeline

Ok i have a messy question about the tax stuff... I myself don't know anything of how the US taxes work and my husband doesn't know much nether. Anyone have any insight into this and we apriciate every piece of detail.

Our co-sponsor has not yeat submited the year 2010 taxes. He had an extension on his taxes (so instead of having to file them in april his deadline is in october). He worked in Russia that year and if he starts doing everything now it will take the russian people a month to send all the tax stuff and everything to U.S. He told us though that he could go tomorrow to the local tax person and ask them to fill the papers for him but not file it yeat and he would get an official paper from his tax returns he is going to do soon anyway.

We were just wondering would this kind of "cheating" really be ok? Will they check the inffo at the NVC? Or will they just acept all the tax inffo in the papers whitout questioning it? I'm really carefull about doing everything honestly and by the laws, and this sounds kinda fishy to me. But I would hate to wait another month just to receive the real taxpapers from russia.

Or would it be ok to use the three last years before 2010 and explain them why we don't have last years (2010) tax returns yeat?

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok i have a messy question about the tax stuff... I myself don't know anything of how the US taxes work and my husband doesn't know much nether. Anyone have any insight into this and we apriciate every piece of detail.

Our co-sponsor has not yeat submited the year 2010 taxes. He had an extension on his taxes (so instead of having to file them in april his deadline is in october). He worked in Russia that year and if he starts doing everything now it will take the russian people a month to send all the tax stuff and everything to U.S. He told us though that he could go tomorrow to the local tax person and ask them to fill the papers for him but not file it yeat and he would get an official paper from his tax returns he is going to do soon anyway.

We were just wondering would this kind of "cheating" really be ok? Will they check the inffo at the NVC? Or will they just acept all the tax inffo in the papers whitout questioning it? I'm really carefull about doing everything honestly and by the laws, and this sounds kinda fishy to me. But I would hate to wait another month just to receive the real taxpapers from russia.

Or would it be ok to use the three last years before 2010 and explain them why we don't have last years (2010) tax returns yeat?

Do not enter into any situation during this difficult process that is shady or cheating in any form. Keep in mind members here will not advise you to break the law. Filing any documents that are know to be false is a very bad idea. These agencys have seen it all & will respond in a manner that no one wants.

The co sponsor should send the transcripts from the 3 most recent years the taxes were filed. Also a simple explanation of when the 2010 taxes will be filed. Transcripts are free from the IRS by on line or phone request. Takes about 2 weeks by mail or can be faxed.

The co sponsor may be required to submit 2010 later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.