kissjo

PO Box!!!?????.. Delay???

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!..

I sent my application yesterday (K1) and I sent it express. I did say to USPS that it does not need to be signed.. But here is the message I received:

"We attempted to deliver your item at 10:13 am on June 15, 2011 in DALLAS, TX 75266 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after five days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

I called USPS and they say that there is no way not to have somebody to sign for it, because the package might not have fitted into the the PO box.. And they will have to wait until somebody signs for it..!!..

??? How often somebody goes to that PO Box to check things??.. Is that going to cause some delay??. aNYBODY HAD THAT EXPEREINCE???..

Please let me know.. Thank you. Very much.

Best,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know this does not help you now that this is happening to you, but for others reading this post, use this as FYI. I had read on the USCIS website somewhere where sending our visa packets where someone has to sign for it, is not really recommended, although they do provide an alternate mailing address for UPS and FedEx. We sent ours with regular mail, and of course we had three more packets just like it waiting to be sent the moment that we heard that our first packet got lost in the mail. Good Luck.

• 4 years later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Yes, Dallas will not accept any express mail. Just send it two days delivery tracking number, no need even for returned receipt.

If you send it by two day, it will be delivered to Dallas lockbox and you will receive a message from USPS (if you signed online for it) a text message saying your package was delivered. The next day you will receive a message that says "your package was picked-up" this is because it is sent to P.O.BOX.

I just mailed mine last week this way and already got NOA1 text message and email from USCIS if you have send in the form to notify you by text and email.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So where should we send it to avoid situation like that ? I was planning on using the post office and thus the POBOX address

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Follow the K1 guide "mail the I-129f package to USCIS".

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/direct-filing-addresses-form-i-129f-petition-alien-fiancee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.