J&F

Urgent question about Santiago Embassy! Interview tomorrow!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi everyone!

My fiance has his interview tomorrow in Santiago and we're just going over the forms we need to bring. I completed the online DS-156 form, but there is another form DS-160 on the embassy website and I'm not sure whether we need to do that too. I started filling it out, but the website keeps timing out and I'm not able to finish it. Our interview is tomorrow at 2 pm and I've emailed the embassy, but haven't gotten a reply yet, so I thought I'd post here and find out if any of you did this form or if you know whether there is a pdf of it that we can do by hand and bring a hard copy to the interview.

Thanks for your help!!

Jeanne

03 Nov 2009: Met and fell in love in La Serena, Chile
12 Jun 2010: Got Engaged
12 Nov 2010: NOA1
29 Nov 2010: Touch!
17 Mar 2011: Touch!
04 Apr 2011: NOA2!!!!!!!!
11 Apr 2011: NVC received our file
13 Apr 2011: NVC sent file to Santiago
14 Apr 2011: called NVC, got case number (They were so nice!)
18 Apr 2011: Emailed Santiago to confirm receipt of files
18 Apr 2011: Santiago replied within 20 minutes and said our file was on the list of those expected to arrive next and to email again the following week.
25 Apr 2011: Emailed follow up to Santiago
26 Apr 2011: Emailed another follow up to Santiago
27 Apr 2011: Santiago received our files
28 Apr 2011: Email from Santiago saying files were received and the next packet should come in a few days.
04 May 2011: Received packet from Santiago with info for medical/financial forms and INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!
15 Jun 2011: Will be our interview!!!
22 Jun 2011: Received VISA!!!!
11 Jul 2011: Flew into Chicago, no troubles at POE!
10 Sep 2011: Civil Ceremony in St Louis
10 Oct 2011: AOS filed in Chicago
14 Oct 2011: NOA received
10 Nov 2011: Biometrics appointment
12 Jan 2012: Received RFE asking for tax support documents for most recent tax year

06 Feb 2013: Received Temporary Green Card!!

05 Oct 2012: Wedding Reception with family and friends in St Louis

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

My fiance has his interview tomorrow in Santiago and we're just going over the forms we need to bring. I completed the online DS-156 form, but there is another form DS-160 on the embassy website and I'm not sure whether we need to do that too. I started filling it out, but the website keeps timing out and I'm not able to finish it. Our interview is tomorrow at 2 pm and I've emailed the embassy, but haven't gotten a reply yet, so I thought I'd post here and find out if any of you did this form or if you know whether there is a pdf of it that we can do by hand and bring a hard copy to the interview.

Thanks for your help!!

Jeanne

Check with the embassy web site for Santiago and see what forms are needed and if you need the 160 and youa re timing out then print it and you can write in black ink.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

The problem is that this is not one of those forms you can print out. It has fields and if you click one box other fields pop up. Most of the information is the same as another form that we got sent from the embassy in hard copy, so they'll have it. The main part on this DS 160 that hasn't been on any other form we've done is the work history detail they are asking for. There's no way to print it out. That's why I'm a bit nervous.

18 Apr 2011: Santiago replied within 20 minutes and said our file was on the list of those expected to arrive next and to email again the following week.
28 Apr 2011: Email from Santiago saying files were received and the next packet should come in a few days.
04 May 2011: Received packet from Santiago with info for medical/financial forms and INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!
12 Jan 2012: Received RFE asking for tax support documents for most recent tax year

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

The problem is that this is not one of those forms you can print out. It has fields and if you click one box other fields pop up. Most of the information is the same as another form that we got sent from the embassy in hard copy, so they'll have it. The main part on this DS 160 that hasn't been on any other form we've done is the work history detail they are asking for. There's no way to print it out. That's why I'm a bit nervous.

Don't freak out mujer! :P the DS 160 its not necessary for K-1 applicants, just the forms that embassy listed in the letter they sent to your fiance

God bless you both!!

Patty

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Timeline

Thanks everyone!

And thanks for calming me down Patty!! It really helps having a contact who just went through this process!

We're nervous and excited! All this time Francisco's been nervous about it and finally here we are the day before and I'm the nervous one and he's calming down! Haha!

Wish us luck! Tomorrow I hope we'll be announcing great news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.