FoundNanning

Filing I-130, Mailing Address for my wife in China

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Getting I-130 Filing ready. From which item number do they extract the mailing address they will mail things for my wife to? I'm hoping it's item "20" ,"foreign address in native alphabet". Do they somehow copy the address from there for mailing to Chinese addresses?

Timeline

Yes, the mialing address in native alaphabet is where they eventually mail P3.

I'm doing an I-130/CR1 from the US. I assume the first thing my wife will get in China is the DS-3032? Will they send that to the mailing address in native alphabet'?

Timeline

If you use Electronic Processing during NVC stage, no postal mail to her at all, it's rather sweet.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Great, THANKS! Just to be clear, two things:

1) My wife has no reliable email (not even a mail box) where she lives. We were going to expend substantial effort and expense to set up a mreliable address for her. If I use this process, I assume this will become unnecessary, and NO mail will ever be sent to her for this visa process. Correct?

2). I found this Wiki http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing . I assume this is the best/latest information to follow for this process?

Thanks again,

Leon

Timeline

reliable email or reliable postal mail ?

re: 2 - I wrote that, but it's outdated - I need to update it with new stuff and make it China Specific, removing the Canadian side of the puzzle.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

1. Sorry, my mistake. No reliable postal mail. So, if I follow this process, she will never get ANYTHING mailed to her for visa process?

2. In the mean time, before you update it, the info contained there is accurate/I can follow it? If not, is there a guide anywhere else?

reliable email or reliable postal mail ?

re: 2 - I wrote that, but it's outdated - I need to update it with new stuff and make it China Specific, removing the Canadian side of the puzzle.

Timeline

1. correct

2. the process is fairly accurate, some of the links are outdated. I want to remove the canadian section altogether, as Saylin has written up the Canadian specific version, they have more hoops to jump through than for China.

Timeline

Ok. Thanks. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. Maybe, by the time I'm ready to use the process (I assume after my I-130 is approved), you will have done the update. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.