shaw

Need with I-130 - Age change.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

I have a questions about i-130 form that I will submit for my dad. My questions is when I came to the US (via 1-129 fiance visa) and later became a US citizen, I wrote my dad's date of birth wrong on all of my forms. for example, my dad's date of birth on my all my forms and USCIS forms that i have filled 5 years ago, is 1956, but his real date of birth is 1964.

but now I am applying for my dad and I noticed my mistake that when my husband filled out the 1-29 and other necessary paper work, he had my dad date of birth wrong. But now, I want to fix my dad date of birth before submiting i-130 for him. I am not sure how to proceed, can someone help and let me know how long would it take to change date of birth for my dad? Appreciate you guys help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello All,

I have a questions about i-130 form that I will submit for my dad. My questions is when I came to the US (via 1-129 fiance visa) and later became a US citizen, I wrote my dad's date of birth wrong on all of my forms. for example, my dad's date of birth on my all my forms and USCIS forms that i have filled 5 years ago, is 1956, but his real date of birth is 1964.

but now I am applying for my dad and I noticed my mistake that when my husband filled out the 1-29 and other necessary paper work, he had my dad date of birth wrong. But now, I want to fix my dad date of birth before submiting i-130 for him. I am not sure how to proceed, can someone help and let me know how long would it take to change date of birth for my dad? Appreciate you guys help.

So, the same mistake was made when you submitted a G-325A for the I-129F petition, when you submitted a DS-230 to the US consulate, and when you submitted a G-325A for your adjustment of status? His year of birth was off by 8 years, and you just now noticed it? :blink:

You can't change those other forms because you've already submitted them and they've been accepted. If you have sufficient proof that the person you're petitioning for is your real biological father then fill out the forms with the correct year of birth, and include your evidence. Personally, I wouldn't mention the fact that the forms you previously submitted had his year of birth wrong, and I would hope neither USCIS nor the consulate notices it or makes an issue of it. Your father's year of birth wasn't a material factor in granting your visa, adjustment of status, or US citizenship. It is definitely a material factor in approving an immigrant visa petition and issuing a visa for him because it's one the characteristics that identify him. Go over your forms carefully and make sure you don't make any similar mistakes.

If it does become an issue I think the worst that would happen is that you'd have to provide an explanation of why this information was wrong on all of the forms you submitted previously. You could also expect them to scrutinize the evidence you provide that he's your biological father very carefully. If they're going to be suspicious of anything, it's going to be that you might be trying to bring over someone who isn't really your father. If they are suspicious enough then they might ask for a DNA test.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

The reason that we made the mistake was that the calendar that Middle Eastern countries use is different what we use in the state. For example, Iran, Afghansitan, Tajkistan....etc, Current year is 1390, but here we have 2011. So when the guy who convert the date of birth for my date, didn't do right and we filled out all the necessary form by using his translation. :( But now I found a site which convert middle east calender to here and I noticed that we made a mistake. So that is why.

Anyway, I am going to use whatever we I used for G-325A for the I-129F and keep it hashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and hope everything will be okay. So now, what do I need to fill out i-130 for my dad to come here?

Must have:

Dad birht Certificate (which will show original date)

Marriage Certificate (mom and dad)

Anything else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The reason that we made the mistake was that the calendar that Middle Eastern countries use is different what we use in the state. For example, Iran, Afghansitan, Tajkistan....etc, Current year is 1390, but here we have 2011. So when the guy who convert the date of birth for my date, didn't do right and we filled out all the necessary form by using his translation. :( But now I found a site which convert middle east calender to here and I noticed that we made a mistake. So that is why.

Anyway, I am going to use whatever we I used for G-325A for the I-129F and keep it hashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and hope everything will be okay. So now, what do I need to fill out i-130 for my dad to come here?

Must have:

Dad birht Certificate (which will show original date)

Marriage Certificate (mom and dad)

Anything else?

Ok, I get it. The original date of birth was based on the Islamic lunar calendar. Well, that's a good reason for making the mistake. If the issue comes up, I think they'd accept that excuse.

There's an overview of the immigration process for a parent here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=immigration-parents-overview'>http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=immigration-parents-overview

The process is described here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=immigration-parents

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.