Erica & Pavel

QUEStION-IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION FORM

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi Everyone, :help:

Can someone tell me if the Immigrant Visa Application is part of the packet that we email from here

when your I-130 is approved because then I will need to send it to him for his signature or can that

wait till I'am there for the interview in Cuba because I want to be prepared and have everything ready

and all forms filled out I don't want any surprises later that can delay the process. Also anyone

that just had a recent interview in Cuba with an I-130 how much is the Visa?, and whats going on now day with the Carta Blanca? I really appreciate any info or tips you can provide me.

Thanks

Erica

I-130 Sent to Chicago LockBox 5/31/2011

I-130 Received:6/1/2011

Recvd Text Application routed to Vermont for processing

Check Cashed:6/8/2011

NOA1: Received:06/02/2011

NOA2: Approval:10/06/2011 ("NO EMAIL/TEXT SENT")

NOA2: Hardcopy:10/11/2011

NVC: RECVD:10/10/2011

NVC: Case Completed: 12/23/2011

NVC: Packet Left to Cuban Consulate 01/30/2012

NVC Email: Interview Date: 03/30/2012

Medical Exam: 2/22/2012

INTERVIEW RESULT: APPROVED!!

VISA: 4/12/2012 IN HAND(Orginally 4/9/12 BUT FINGER PRINTS WERE NOT TAKEN CORRECTLY WE HAD TO GO BACK!)

STARTED Process for Military Baja:4/20/12

Recvd Military Paper: 7/16/12

Paid Fees Medical & Carta Blanca: 7/30/12

Recvd Baja from vivienda: 8/7/12

Purchased Airline Ticket: 8/7/12 "AT LAST"

POE:JFK 9/2/12

Requested Carta Blanca: 8/10/12 PICK UP IN 10 DAYS

Received (Exit Permit)Carta Blanca: 8/28/12

Can someone tell me if the Immigrant Visa Application is part of the packet that we email from here

when your I-130 is approved because then I will need to send it to him for his signature or can that

wait till I'am there for the interview in Cuba because I want to be prepared and have everything ready

and all forms filled out I don't want any surprises later that can delay the process. Also anyone

that just had a recent interview in Cuba with an I-130 how much is the Visa?, and whats going on now day with the Carta Blanca? I really appreciate any info or tips you can provide me.

Thanks

Erica

After your I-130 is approved, you go to the NVC stage. At NVC, you pay two fees (AOS - $88, IV - $404). After those both appear as PAID on the payment portal site, then you snail mail the two packages, AOS and IV. In the IV package, you include the DS-230, the Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration form.

And there is no fee for an IR-1/CR-1 visa applicant at the consulate/embassy, just $88 and $404 at NVC and then the cost of the medical which varies by country.

Please read these guides to familiarize yourself with NVC:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Timeline

After your I-130 is approved, you go to the NVC stage. At NVC, you pay two fees (AOS - $88, IV - $404). After those both appear as PAID on the payment portal site, then you snail mail the two packages, AOS and IV. In the IV package, you include the DS-230, the Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration form.

And there is no fee for an IR-1/CR-1 visa applicant at the consulate/embassy, just $88 and $404 at NVC and then the cost of the medical which varies by country.

Please read these guides to familiarize yourself with NVC:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Thanks, But I did read the guide and Iam familiar. That was not the question I asked Cuba has different guide lines.

VISA: 4/12/2012 IN HAND(Orginally 4/9/12 BUT FINGER PRINTS WERE NOT TAKEN CORRECTLY WE HAD TO GO BACK!)

Timeline

I am unsure of your specific context for this visa category. By this, I refer to whether you are a native American Citizen or Cuban American. From my personal experience, I had to follow the guide listed on this website to a letter. I-130 with the g325a. Then a DS-230 and i864 form for the NVC steps.

At the interview (on may 25), I did not have to pay for a visa. They did not charge me for anything.

The Carta Blanca is about 150 Cuc. Take it to your visa interview at migracion. Depending on whether you are PRI o salida definida, they will tell you what else you need. The rules are on minrex.cu or something.

GL

I am unsure of your specific context for this visa category. By this, I refer to whether you are a native American Citizen or Cuban American. From my personal experience, I had to follow the guide listed on this website to a letter. I-130 with the g325a. Then a DS-230 and i864 form for the NVC steps.

At the interview (on may 25), I did not have to pay for a visa. They did not charge me for anything.

The Carta Blanca is about 150 Cuc. Take it to your visa interview at migracion. Depending on whether you are PRI o salida definida, they will tell you what else you need. The rules are on minrex.cu or something.

GL

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-07-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-08-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-08-10

Timeline

Hi, Rumba,

I'am a Cuban American Citizen and I did follow the same steps as you but I thought the Carta Blanca is after your approved at the interview. Iam glad you told me, how long does it take to get it? also the interview date is it given by NVC or you need to call the Cuban embassy? You here so many stories but the best and clear answers you will get is from someone like you who has just gone through the entire process!

Thank you so much!!! :)

Erica

Timeline

THe carta Blanca is for the Cuban Migracion Interview, not the American one. So you're right. You buy the carta blance at the main bank for about 150 cuc. Usually the process takes awhile because they investigate your case. I wish I could elaborate on the process but Im not sure what they do. Depending on the exit status (indefintive or definitivo), it can take from 1 month to 5 months for a process complete. I hate to give such a large gap but it is true. Please remember that the law changed where you can get your PRE (PSI for USA) before the Interview with USA. Now you can only start the exit process after you have the American Visa.

Check this website out:

http://america.cubaminrex.cu/index.htm

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-07-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-08-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-08-10

• 6 months later...

Thanks

Erica

Thanks

Erica

Hello erika I'am in the same situation as you waiting on an interview date, My case was close at NVC on 12/20/2011, Please keep me post on your interview

thank you

Timeline

Hello erika I'am in the same situation as you waiting on an interview date, My case was close at NVC on 12/20/2011, Please keep me post on your interview

thank you

No problem, I called NVC they stated they have alot of interviews and are totaly booked for february this was just 2 days after they begun scheduling so I don't know if I'll be lucky for march.

No problem, I called NVC they stated they have alot of interviews and are totaly booked for february this was just 2 days after they begun scheduling so I don't know if I'll be lucky for march.

thank you I hope We have better luck for March, Take care and thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.