Vi-Jay

Iraqis blast US congressman's war repayment idea

30 posts in this topic

I served in Iraq from April until October 2003 with the 49th Quartermaster Group from Fort Lee, Virginia and from December 2005 until December 2006 with the 4th Infantry Division from Fort Hood, Texas. (The 4th ID has since moved to Ft. Carson, CO)

Thanks for asking and your welcome.

I served also...not in Iraq, but never the less I served yet I did not let the military suck out what was left of my brains. I managed to get out with most of my senses....or at least I like to think so.

Nationalism was used to invade Iraq along with helping this soon to be third world nation forget about it's economic ills. It's called the "Dumbing down of America" and it's been working great for the war mongers to date.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Like I said, just because the rest of the world is too cowardly to stop a tyrant, doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Stopping a tyrant, then demanding that his violated subjects pay us for it is not the way to spread democracy, which is what we claim to be doing.

I served in Iraq from April until October 2003 with the 49th Quartermaster Group from Fort Lee, Virginia and from December 2005 until December 2006 with the 4th Infantry Division from Fort Hood, Texas. (The 4th ID has since moved to Ft. Carson, CO)

Thanks for asking and your welcome.

Thank you for your service, but I can still disagree with you :D

Edited by Sofiyya

:rofl:

You probably shouldn't try the "did you serve" tactic unless you know they didn't serve.

Why not? Most of the pro war freaks in this country are peeps who have never served in their life yet love to see news clippings of jets, tanks, etc...

It's always worth a shot with that question. Chances are the peeps never served...it just happens by chance that this one did. Good for him I say, and I respect him for it. What I don't agree with is why we ever invaded in the first place, especially seeing how Europe is already pumping natural gas from Iraq via Turkey right into Europe itself. Now tell me again why we chose to invade Iraq and not a half other dozen nations with nuclear missiles?

North Korea maybe? Oh ya, no oil there and it's backed up by China. duh

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Stopping a tyrant, then demanding that his violated subjects pay us for it is not the way to spread democracy, which is what we claim to be doing.

Thank you for your service, but I can still disagree with you :D

I am actually in agreement with you. I don't think the Iraqi people should pay us back either. What I take issue with is the assertion that the US didn't attempt to get the UN's approval to actually enforce the resolutions prior to going in alone.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why not? Most of the pro war freaks in this country are peeps who have never served in their life yet love to see news clippings of jets, tanks, etc...

It's always worth a shot with that question. Chances are the peeps never served...it just happens by chance that this one did. Good for him I say, and I respect him for it. What I don't agree with is why we ever invaded in the first place, especially seeing how Europe is already pumping natural gas from Iraq via Turkey right into Europe itself. Now tell me again why we chose to invade Iraq and not a half other dozen nations with nuclear missiles?

North Korea maybe? Oh ya, no oil there and it's backed up by China. duh

I agree with you there...we shouldn't have let North Korea develop nukes. And yet we take issue with Iran? Double standard much?

I agree with you there...we shouldn't have let North Korea develop nukes. And yet we take issue with Iran? Double standard much?

There's nothing we can do about North Korea. North Korea bombed the dog ####### out of a South Korean island a few months back with artillery shells killing scores of South Koreans yet all we did was send in some ships as a show of force. We are into China big time with loans, and we can't afford a ground war with China atm without having a draft seeing how our troops are spread out all over the place. It sucks, but it is what it is.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Like I said, just because the rest of the world is too cowardly to stop a tyrant, doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

It's never been about a tyrant. There are dozens of those out there and we don't give a **. Some are even our friends and allies. Saddam was at some point. As was OBL. Don't give me that we had to free the Iraqi people from a tyrant bullshite. That's never been the motivation.

China is also very closely allied with Iran, so the double standard theory doesn't hold as to why we hassle Iran, but not so much North Korea.

China doesn't border Iran. The US went head to head with China in Korea back in the 1950's and it was a draw, after the fact that it was some of the worst ground fighting the US had ever seen.

China isn't mobile as far as transport planes and navy, but as far as ground forces go, China has no equal.

Now the US hasn't invaded Iran to date, and this is even after the bloody uprisings in Iran the past few years. I would be surprised if the US invades Iran especially seeing how public opinion of the present wars going on isn't all that great. Throw in the US economy and it's surely a no go.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

That still doesn't negate their alliance, nor prove a double standard. My bet is that we rattle more sabres with Iran than with NK as a nod to the KSA. The leaders of predominantly Shite Iran is in a race with the Saudis over their fading dominance in Muslim leadership (as if either could be these days, in reality).

China doesn't border Iran. The US went head to head with China in Korea back in the 1950's and it was a draw, after the fact that it was some of the worst ground fighting the US had ever seen.

China isn't mobile as far as transport planes and navy, but as far as ground forces go, China has no equal.

Now the US hasn't invaded Iran to date, and this is even after the bloody uprisings in Iran the past few years. I would be surprised if the US invades Iran especially seeing how public opinion of the present wars going on isn't all that great. Throw in the US economy and it's surely a no go.

Say, would you welcome and entertain an Al Qaeda request to repay them for the cost they have incurred following their attack on our soil?

Nope. :no: You didn't catch my point.

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

I sure did. Problem is that you seems to think that Iraqi's want us to stay in their country. They don't.

:blink: I didn't write the article. Gates said the US would probably stay if asked. Why do you make, your stated assumption, of my thinking? You didn't ask me if I thought Iraqi's want the US to stay. IMO, the Iraqi's that want the US to stay, are in the minority. Please, don't tell me what I think. Please, ask me what I think. :star:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Filed: Timeline
:blink: I didn't write the article. Gates said the US would probably stay if asked. Why do you make, your stated assumption, of my thinking? You didn't ask me if I thought Iraqi's want the US to stay. IMO, the Iraqi's that want the US to stay, are in the minority. Please, don't tell me what I think. Please, ask me what I think. :star:

You suggested that we should tell the Iraqis that they'd have to pay for us to stay. Where did that come from?

You suggested that we should tell the Iraqis that they'd have to pay for us to stay. Where did that come from?

I was being sarcastic. :star:

I think the US military should get out of Iraq. According to the article, Gates said he thinks the US will stay if the Iraqis "ask". IMO, Don't care if they "ask". American soldier's lives are priceless.

Thanks for asking.

Edited by Vi-Jay