Maeve

NOA1 confusion

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did anyone else get this on their NOA1?

"The above application has been received by out office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):

Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail."

Does that not sound utterly confusing and annoying?? (And is 'evidences' even a word, for that matter???) Ugh.

I tried calling USCIS, but they wouldn't give me any info because my DH is unreachable...He was told that the interview and everything would be handled there on base, so I'm trying not to stress too much, but I hope that there isn't anything that I really need to send him...

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Timeline

Seems fairly clear - they feeling something is missing and they are satisfied to wait until you bring it to the interview. They say they're sending you a seperate letter so why sweat it and try to imagine what it is, wait on the letter.

Cheers - easier said then done, I know :)

Did anyone else get this on their NOA1?

"The above application has been received by out office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):

Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail."

Does that not sound utterly confusing and annoying?? (And is 'evidences' even a word, for that matter???) Ugh.

I tried calling USCIS, but they wouldn't give me any info because my DH is unreachable...He was told that the interview and everything would be handled there on base, so I'm trying not to stress too much, but I hope that there isn't anything that I really need to send him...

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We haven't received a letter like that.

For my wife with marriage, was the application, copy of the green card, the check, and over a one inch file of evidence per all the instructions. On the latest evidence in the N-400 checklist, I see they are using the word "OR" in that check list, when in the instructions, should be the word, "AND". Really not easy dealing with an agency loaded with idiots.

For my stepdaughter with the five year, was just the application, copy of her green card, and check is all that check list and all the instructions called for, the N-400 instructions, and the M-476 manual. They don't make it easy.

So did you apply for the 3 or 5 year? With the former, they want a ton of evidence, can almost take you those two extra years to compile all of it. And makes you wonder if its even worth the effort.

Most major change for my wife is that her employers legal department is off her butt. With voting, still the lesser of two very evil people, and still has to maintain her foreign passport to visit her mom. But she is free from the AR-11 concerns and I could remove the staples from her forehead where her green card was installed. But we have to pay for two passports now.

Timeline

DH got his green card through marriage and he's had it for two years, so next year he would be eligible for citizenship, but he joined the Army so he's eligible now which is great :) Didn't have to get piles upon piles upon piles of evidence together!!! But he's just a little hard to get ahold of right now, which is frustrating! And I didn't think I'd need power of attorney, so I didn't get it :/ go figure!

I hope I get another letter with the info that I need...at least then I can collect it and mail it to my hubby. I told him about the NOA, but since his fingerprints and interview and everything are all supposed to be done on base, we figured that the officers there would take care of it and if there's anything they really need they can get ahold of me...They told him that he should have his interview while in Basic and should be naturalized on Family Day...fingers crossed!!!!

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Made an error in my first response, my stepdaughter did get that letter for additional evidence I had forgotten about. Stated for the five year to bring in her state drivers' license or ID card. thought that was kind of dumb because her drivers' license was based on her green card. But made sure she had it before that long trip. St. Paul's office never requested to see that drivers' license, but see other offices are. She was never asked to show her drivers' license, asked her about that right after her interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.