HopeFaithLove

K-1 Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone ! Just wanna make sure if I am right. We've got NOA2 approval on May 23. My Fiance received the hard copy of the approval after a week. So far, we haven't receive any information from the NVC nor US consulate in Manila on the next process. Also, we haven't made any call or follow up to NVC. I guess sooner, like everyone here, I will also receive a letter from the US embassy for the interview and other documentary requirements. I have some questions on mind which I need some clarifications. Hopefully, some experienced members could help us so we can have a more realistic plan.

Questions:

1. When is the expiration of K-1 petition?

2. Who determines the schedule for interview?

3. In case I am not available for the scheduled interview (shall we say the US embassy scheduled it for me) then,

am I allowed to choose my preferred schedule?

4. I am planning to have my interview schedule sometime in November yet, do you think this month is still acceptable

since it is almost 6 months from NOA2 approval date?

5. Do I need to officially send a letter to the US embassy regarding my deferment of interview, just in case,

because I noticed most of the members here they get interview schedule within 2 months from NOA2 ?

6. What about my medical, would it be advisable to defer also my medical since I am not able for interview as yet?

7. What is the validity of the medical results?

I am so sorry for asking too many. I tried to do research about these things, but, I could'nt get concrete answers for all my questions. The very reason why I decided to delay my interview was because of my work in the government. I don't think it is fit to leave my tasks soon considering I got a lot of important things to do. I don't want to abandon my present responsibilities at work. I was really surprised getting only 3 months approval, we thought it will give me more time to prepare as I do have a stable and good job here. But, I think later of the year, I would be Okay already. Anyway, my Fiance is coming for his 3rd visit soon. We just wanna make sure we are planning right and don't want to waste also our untiring efforts in the application process. Of course, our main goal is to live together happily for a lifetime -- God's perfect time.

Thank you very much in advance for any replies, would appreciate it so much ! God bless, everyone :))

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well i can answer a couple,lol. The approved I-129F is valid for only four months. You can apply for an extension but i don't know how often they grant them. also, medicals are valid for either six or twelve months depending on the results. I guess if there was anything a little iffy about them they would be valid for a lesser period of time. hope that helps a little :)

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

moving from k1 process to PI regional for embassy specific responses.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone ! Just wanna make sure if I am right. We've got NOA2 approval on May 23. My Fiance received the hard copy of the approval after a week. So far, we haven't receive any information from the NVC nor US consulate in Manila on the next process. Also, we haven't made any call or follow up to NVC. I guess sooner, like everyone here, I will also receive a letter from the US embassy for the interview and other documentary requirements. I have some questions on mind which I need some clarifications. Hopefully, some experienced members could help us so we can have a more realistic plan.

Questions:

1. When is the expiration of K-1 petition?

2. Who determines the schedule for interview?

3. In case I am not available for the scheduled interview (shall we say the US embassy scheduled it for me) then,

am I allowed to choose my preferred schedule?

4. I am planning to have my interview schedule sometime in November yet, do you think this month is still acceptable

since it is almost 6 months from NOA2 approval date?

5. Do I need to officially send a letter to the US embassy regarding my deferment of interview, just in case,

because I noticed most of the members here they get interview schedule within 2 months from NOA2 ?

6. What about my medical, would it be advisable to defer also my medical since I am not able for interview as yet?

7. What is the validity of the medical results?

I am so sorry for asking too many. I tried to do research about these things, but, I could'nt get concrete answers for all my questions. The very reason why I decided to delay my interview was because of my work in the government. I don't think it is fit to leave my tasks soon considering I got a lot of important things to do. I don't want to abandon my present responsibilities at work. I was really surprised getting only 3 months approval, we thought it will give me more time to prepare as I do have a stable and good job here. But, I think later of the year, I would be Okay already. Anyway, my Fiance is coming for his 3rd visit soon. We just wanna make sure we are planning right and don't want to waste also our untiring efforts in the application process. Of course, our main goal is to live together happily for a lifetime -- God's perfect time.

Thank you very much in advance for any replies, would appreciate it so much ! God bless, everyone :))

Answers:

1. Expiration of your approved K1 visa is on your NOA2 hard copy, right on where it says "Notice Type". And yes, it is 4 months.

2. You or your fiance can schedule your interview. K visa applicants may request a visa appointment via this new call center number: (632) 902-8930. 214-571-1600 for U.S. callers.

OR, can schedule online. This is the link: http://cgifederal.force.com/

3. You or your fiance can choose when you want your interview.

4. NO, your approval is only valid for four months.

5. I think you have to contact USCIS for them to extend your approved petition, im not sure about that.

6&7. Medical is usually valid up to one year..

Hope that helps any :) Maybe someone else here on VJ can help you out more. Thats just from my experience :thumbs:

K1 Visa
1/03/2011--------------- sent i-129f package to Lewisville, TX
1/13/2011--------------- NOA1 hard copy
5/12/2011--------------- NOA2!!! (approved in 126 days)
5/17/2011--------------- NOA2 hard copy
7/14/2011-------------- INTERVIEW DAY! ( IM APPROVED!!!! YES!!! )
7/23/2011-------------- Visa On Hand
8/26/2011-------------- POE - San Francisco

10/15/2011------------ MARRIED!!

AOS Journey
11/16/2011------------ AOS sent
11/26/2011------------ NOA hard copy
12/08/2011------------ Biometrics appointment letter received for 12/22/11 9AM
12/09/2011------------- Transfer Notice: AOS transferred to CSC
12/22/2011------------- Biometrics done in Memphis, Tn.
01/17/2012------------- EAD received
06/18/2012------------- Card in production
06/23/2012------------- Card finally on hand!

ROC 3/08/2014

Timeline

Answers:

1. Expiration of your approved K1 visa is on your NOA2 hard copy, right on where it says "Notice Type". And yes, it is 4 months.

2. You or your fiance can schedule your interview. K visa applicants may request a visa appointment via this new call center number: (632) 902-8930. 214-571-1600 for U.S. callers.

5. I think you have to contact USCIS for them to extend your approved petition, im not sure about that.

6&7. Medical is usually valid up to 6months..

Hope that helps any :) Maybe someone else here on VJ can help you out more. Thats just from my experience :thumbs:

sorry, medical is valid up to 6months according to Manila US embassy website :thumbs:

Edited by new1

K1 Visa

AOS Journey

ROC 3/08/2014

Timeline

The I-129F is valid for four months after its approval, but a consular officer can revalidate it if needed, especially if it takes several months to schedule an appointment. :thumbs:

K1 Visa

AOS Journey

ROC 3/08/2014

Timeline

Answers:

6&7. Medical is usually valid up to one year..

Thank you to all those who shared. I'm sure this will help us. God bless !

Timeline

Well i can answer a couple,lol. The approved I-129F is valid for only four months. You can apply for an extension but i don't know how often they grant them. also, medicals are valid for either six or twelve months depending on the results. I guess if there was anything a little iffy about them they would be valid for a lesser period of time. hope that helps a little :)

Thanks so much for sharing / helping. God bless to both of you ! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.