Usui Takumi

Video Analysis of Street Traffic

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I found this video really interesting. I have to admit, I sometimes commit what the video calls a "aggressive yield" ff I didn't notice pedestrians starting to cross (Aggressive yield is where you stop right at the pedestrian walk line)

Edited by Sousuke

Amazing!

It's not much better back in blighty, where cars are supposed to give way to pedestrians already crossing... The amount of times I've nearly been run over.

That said, in London the other day right after I'd been approved for my visa I stepped off the curb, looked right saw nothing, carried on walking, next thing I know I had my hand on he bonnet of a car... it was a one way street and I failed to notice. Erm. My bad to the driver of that blue Peugeot.

David.

K-1 Timeline:

14 Sep 2010 - Mailed in I-129F.

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

09 Jun 2011 - Visa in hand.

13 Aug 2011 - Wedding day.

AOS Timeline:

14 Oct 2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD forms.

21 Oct 2011 - NOA for AOS/EAD.

05 Nov 2011 - Case transferred to CSC.

08 Nov 2011 - Biometrics.

29 Dec 2011 - EAD in hand.

05 Jan 2012 - I-485 Approved (AOS).

11 Jan 2012 - I-551/Permanent Resident Card in hand.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Amazing!

It's not much better back in blighty, where cars are supposed to give way to pedestrians already crossing... The amount of times I've nearly been run over.

That said, in London the other day right after I'd been approved for my visa I stepped off the curb, looked right saw nothing, carried on walking, next thing I know I had my hand on he bonnet of a car... it was a one way street and I failed to notice. Erm. My bad to the driver of that blue Peugeot.

what? your saying the yellow lights and zebras don't work?

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

what? your saying the yellow lights and zebras don't work?

Most of the time they do, in part because there are an increasing number of them with their own traffic cameras. London may be a little different, maybe because the Greater London area encompasses almost 20% of the total UK population, so the coverage isn't enough to match the amount of traffic, but this is offset in the center of the city by the average speed, or lack thereof, of the traffic in heavily pedestrian areas. Unlike New York City, London wasn't exactly planned, it kinda sorta grew organically, and some of the streets are narrower than some American sidewalks.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png