hitu

How to obtain PCC from India

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

waiting for reply form anybody....

U will need to apply at ur local police station first... then when u get a certificate from ur local police station...

u will have to submit that certificate with a form to the regional passport office... in order to get ur PCC

Here is some past PCC topics

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/313955-pcc-confusion/page__p__4714073__fromsearch__1#entry4714073

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/311280-hyderabad-pcc-from-passport-office-question/page__p__4682553__fromsearch__1#entry4682553

USCIS Process - CR-1 Visa

Service Center :: California Service Center

Consulate :: MUMBAI - INDIA

08 / 05 / 2010 :: I-130 Sent

02 / 10 / 2011 :: NOA-2 - TXT and Email ***After Senator Help Was Requested

02 / 19 / 2011 :: Hardcopy Received in Snail Mail

Total 185 Days For Approval

NVC Process - 19 Days to Reach NVC

02 / 28 / 2011 :: NVC Receive

05 / 16 / 2011 :: Sign in Failed

05 / 17 / 2011 :: NVC Case Complete

Total 78 Days for Completion At NVC

Medical / Interview / POE

05 / 26 / 2011 :: Interview Date Received - Packet 4

06 / 07 / 2011 :: Medical - DONE

07 / 05 / 2011 :: VFS Fees Paid

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Interview - APPROVED

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Picked up Visa in the Evening

07 / 23 / 2011 :: P.O.E - Washington DC - Dulles Airport

WIFE IS FINALLY HERE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Just go to your regional Passport Office and ask them for a PCC. They make you fill up a form and ask you for 2 forms of ID. Make sure you also mention you require the PCC for America. You should be able to get it within a weeks time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

first you should go to your local police office get a police certificate from there .. then submit the original pcc from local police office along with passport clearance application form and approval letter and a copy of packet 3 or packet 4 submit it to the passport office .. you will get the passport clearance certificate within 10 days .

Timeline

I did this a couple of weeks back.

You need to get the PCC from the Passport Office as well as from the local police authority (it could be the SP office or Commissioner office depending on your location).

For the Passport Office, you can download the Application for miscellaneous services on Indian passport and fill it up. You will need to fill it up(mention the PCC is for USA), attach a copy of your passport, give 3 photographs, pay Rs.300 and give the passport at the passport office. I got the PCC in the same day.

For the Police office, you need to give a written letter with 4 photographs, with copy of your passport and another identity proof. The polic would come to your house for verification. I got the PCC in 3 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Just go to your regional Passport Office and ask them for a PCC. They make you fill up a form and ask you for 2 forms of ID. Make sure you also mention you require the PCC for America. You should be able to get it within a weeks time.

You should HOPE that you get it in a weeks time. My fiance submitted his request to his regional passport office on April 25, 2011 and we still don't have it. His agent has verified that the passport office has everything they need to process, they just haven't yet. :(

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Timeline

You need to get the PCC from the Passport Office as well as from the local police authority (it could be the SP office or Commissioner office depending on your location).

For the Passport Office, you can download the Application for miscellaneous services on Indian passport and fill it up. You will need to fill it up(mention the PCC is for USA), attach a copy of your passport, give 3 photographs, pay Rs.300 and give the passport at the passport office. I got the PCC in the same day.

For the Police office, you need to give a written letter with 4 photographs, with copy of your passport and another identity proof. The polic would come to your house for verification. I got the PCC in 3 days.

In my case, my spouce just got passport two days ago. As per Mumbai consulate requierment if your passport is six month older at interview date, then you don't need local PCC from police commionner..I knew all these stuff,but at our passport office at surat city, they want appointment letter from mumbai consulate in order to get PCC. They don't understand that we have to summitte this pcc at NVC. and NVC won't be send file to india until we summitte pcc.So i don't know how to get pcc without interview letter.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

In my case, my spouce just got passport two days ago. As per Mumbai consulate requierment if your passport is six month older at interview date, then you don't need local PCC from police commionner..I knew all these stuff,but at our passport office at surat city, they want appointment letter from mumbai consulate in order to get PCC. They don't understand that we have to summitte this pcc at NVC. and NVC won't be send file to india until we summitte pcc.So i don't know how to get pcc without interview letter.

Read my thread. We have the EXACT same issue. See the route I am taking, that is the best way to go about this since you need a PCC to be filed with IV Packet/DS-230.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/313955-pcc-confusion/page__p__4714073__fromsearch__1#entry4714073

Also, where are these forms that are needed for the PCC? The Passport PCC application is what I am referring to. Are these available where the PCC cert is issued?

I would like to have these filled out in advanced so we don't have any issues and we can try to make it as smooth as possible, then again, this is India we are talking about. LOL.

Edited by Dave and Kinnari

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Timeline

Did you need to present any clearance from local police station to the Passport Office along with Application for miscellaneous services?

Edited by BandN

Timeline

U will need to apply at ur local police station first... then when u get a certificate from ur local police station...

u will have to submit that certificate with a form to the regional passport office... in order to get ur PCC

Here is some past PCC topics

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/311280-hyderabad-pcc-from-passport-office-question/page__p__4682553__fromsearch__1#entry4682553

Thankx for relpy, but My spouce got passport last week,and i read on Mumbai consulate webside that if your passport is less than 6 months old at the time of interview then you do not need to summitte Local Pcc at consulate. Moreover, even thought if i summitte local pcc at passport office, they want interview letter. so, can i summitte Local PCC to NVC or not? cuz i read some threads and they did it and it's work out.

Timeline

Hi,

I knew now about both PCC. but I want to summmatti pcc to the NVC with DS 230. so Which PCC do i have to summitte? We tried to get pcc from local passport office,but they want interview letter from mumbai consulate. They do not issue pcc without interview date letter.. Confusse about what to do. As per my knowledge and source from mumbai webside that if your passport is less than 6 months old at time of interview, then you don't need to get pcc from Local police station, but i just want to get Passport PCC without interview letter.Is any other ways...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I knew now about both PCC. but I want to summmatti pcc to the NVC with DS 230. so Which PCC do i have to summitte? We tried to get pcc from local passport office,but they want interview letter from mumbai consulate. They do not issue pcc without interview date letter.. Confusse about what to do. As per my knowledge and source from mumbai webside that if your passport is less than 6 months old at time of interview, then you don't need to get pcc from Local police station, but i just want to get Passport PCC without interview letter.Is any other ways...

Listen, even though the Embassy/Consulate only requires you to submit a Passport PCC, your MUST obtain a local PCC to get the Passport PCC. This is something that they just require in India. I understand this makes things difficult, but you just have to deal with it. You will spend much more time, burden and money if you try to create your own path around this.

This is what I am going to do and what others have done in the past and it has worked completely fine.

You will obtain a LOCAL PCC. You will make a certified copy of this and file this document with the DS-230/IV Packet.

Within your packet, cover letter or wherever. You will state that we are not able to obtain Passport PCC without Interview letter in India's jurisdiction. Here is the LOCAL PCC and the PASSPORT PCC will be shown/produced at the interview.

After the file is approved from NVC. You will get an interview letter. Now, you can take the interview letter, orignal LOCAL PCC, 2 ID proofs, the PASSPORT PCC application and obtain the PASSPORT PCC.

I understand that this is going to make things difficult. But Immigration is not an easy journey. My wife is doing the same thing right now and a lot of other people that immigrate to the U.S.A have done the same. Nothing new here.

I really suggest that as soon as you get the Interview letter that you get this PASSPORT PCC as soon as possible. I have read that some people get the PCC that day, 2 weeks later and some over 2 months later. The average time for NVC Complete to Interview is 50 days. You must also get a medical done at this time and without the passport you will not be able to get your medical done. You will submit your Passport when getting your Passport PCC.

Good Luck!

Edited by Dave and Kinnari

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Timeline

Listen, even though the Embassy/Consulate only requires you to submit a Passport PCC, your MUST obtain a local PCC to get the Passport PCC. This is something that they just require in India. I understand this makes things difficult, but you just have to deal with it. You will spend much more time, burden and money if you try to create your own path around this.

This is what I am going to do and what others have done in the past and it has worked completely fine.

You will obtain a LOCAL PCC. You will make a certified copy of this and file this document with the DS-230/IV Packet.

Within your packet, cover letter or wherever. You will state that we are not able to obtain Passport PCC without Interview letter in India's jurisdiction. Here is the LOCAL PCC and the PASSPORT PCC will be shown/produced at the interview.

After the file is approved from NVC. You will get an interview letter. Now, you can take the interview letter, orignal LOCAL PCC, 2 ID proofs, the PASSPORT PCC application and obtain the PASSPORT PCC.

I understand that this is going to make things difficult. But Immigration is not an easy journey. My wife is doing the same thing right now and a lot of other people that immigrate to the U.S.A have done the same. Nothing new here.

I really suggest that as soon as you get the Interview letter that you get this PASSPORT PCC as soon as possible. I have read that some people get the PCC that day, 2 weeks later and some over 2 months later. The average time for NVC Complete to Interview is 50 days. You must also get a medical done at this time and without the passport you will not be able to get your medical done. You will submit your Passport when getting your Passport PCC.

Good Luck!

Hi,

Thank you so much for perfect reply. I will follow this I hope this will work out for me.

I have another question too. I m using co-sponser as a my sister and filled out I-864A. Do i summitte any document that prove our relationship as brother and sister? we are living in same household and same address.

Timeline

Hi,

Thank you so much for perfect reply. I will follow this I hope this will work out for me.

I have another question too. I m using co-sponser as a my sister and filled out I-864A. Do i summitte any document that prove our relationship as brother and sister? we are living in same household and same address.

no u dont need any proof of ur relationship... but make sure u send in a photocopy of her US passport... proving that she is a citizen of US... Front and Back will work...

USCIS Process - CR-1 Visa

Service Center :: California Service Center

Consulate :: MUMBAI - INDIA

08 / 05 / 2010 :: I-130 Sent

02 / 10 / 2011 :: NOA-2 - TXT and Email ***After Senator Help Was Requested

02 / 19 / 2011 :: Hardcopy Received in Snail Mail

Total 185 Days For Approval

NVC Process - 19 Days to Reach NVC

02 / 28 / 2011 :: NVC Receive

05 / 16 / 2011 :: Sign in Failed

05 / 17 / 2011 :: NVC Case Complete

Total 78 Days for Completion At NVC

Medical / Interview / POE

05 / 26 / 2011 :: Interview Date Received - Packet 4

06 / 07 / 2011 :: Medical - DONE

07 / 05 / 2011 :: VFS Fees Paid

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Interview - APPROVED

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Picked up Visa in the Evening

07 / 23 / 2011 :: P.O.E - Washington DC - Dulles Airport

WIFE IS FINALLY HERE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.