lovelylili

Case Status:--> Testing and Interview

13 posts in this topic

Hello forum- My case status states that I am in the "Testing and Interview" stage. I would like someone to comment on this status please. I am assuming that we bypassed Biometrics and went straight to the "Testing and Interview" stage because Biometrics was completed less than a year ago. With that said, how long should we "anticipate' waiting for some movement with this N-400? What would be the "best guess" for receiving an interview letter/notice?

I have checked the USCIS website, and specifically looked at the timelines for the Atlanta office. The Atlanta office has not updated where they stand since March 2011, so that does not give you a good idea about how long we might be waiting. Also, I have checked several of the Atlanta profiles here on VJ, and unless I go back to November of last year I cannot find anyone with a completed timeline relative to our situation. Each situation is a little different, and ours is uniquely different because Biometrics has not been required thus far, so any information that anyone could share would be appreciated. Thank you in advance- Vespa

123 views and not a single comment, hopefully someone can shed some light on my question. Thank you in advance- Vespa

You're guess is probably right -- they don't require you to do the Biometrics since your last fingerprinting is less than a year ago.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Hello forum- My case status states that I am in the "Testing and Interview" stage. I would like someone to comment on this status please. I am assuming that we bypassed Biometrics and went straight to the "Testing and Interview" stage because Biometrics was completed less than a year ago. With that said, how long should we "anticipate' waiting for some movement with this N-400? What would be the "best guess" for receiving an interview letter/notice?

I have checked the USCIS website, and specifically looked at the timelines for the Atlanta office. The Atlanta office has not updated where they stand since March 2011, so that does not give you a good idea about how long we might be waiting. Also, I have checked several of the Atlanta profiles here on VJ, and unless I go back to November of last year I cannot find anyone with a completed timeline relative to our situation. Each situation is a little different, and ours is uniquely different because Biometrics has not been required thus far, so any information that anyone could share would be appreciated. Thank you in advance- Vespa

Lili,

Yes fingerprint files are valid for a total of 16 months, so you have bypassed the fingerprint process during your N-400 and have moved directly to the queue for interview scheduling. I have been following the trend in Atlanta area since last 6 months or so and I believe you will receive an interview letter in 4-8 weeks and the interview one month from the date you receive the letter. There has been one or two occurrences wherein folks have received interview letters within 2 weeks since the online status update (not that it happens often and with USCIS you never know). I filed my case towards the end of Feb 2011 and am still waiting for the interview letter (had FP on March 9th). Reading through another forum posts, January 2011 applicants have been receiving their interview letters this month.

Atul

Atul,

You mentioned that there were those lucky ones that received a leter 1-2 weeks afer the online update... well, that happened this morning--> (by way of text & email)

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number:#############

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from June 17, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Thank you again for your comments. We are grateful that the process appears to be moving right along. I know that you mentioned in your post that we could expect the interview date to be 30 days from receipt of the interview letter, do you still see that trend?

We did not get the letter today, only a text message, an email, and also a case status updated online.

All comments appreciated.

Good luck to everyone- Vespa

Lovelylili,

Congrats! That was very fast for you!!! And yes, you're one of the lucky ones :)

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Lili,

Congrats on your online status change. It means the letter has been sent from NBC to your residence and you should be receiving it mid to end next week. Incidentally, I also received the same email today. So, I should be getting the letter as well sometime next week.

Yes, that is more or less a common trend from USCIS DO's....They usually give about a month's notice for the interview, probably to let the applicant plan ahead.

Atul

Atul,

You mentioned that there were those lucky ones that received a leter 1-2 weeks afer the online update... well, that happened this morning--> (by way of text & email)

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number:#############

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from June 17, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

Thank you again for your comments. We are grateful that the process appears to be moving right along. I know that you mentioned in your post that we could expect the interview date to be 30 days from receipt of the interview letter, do you still see that trend?

We did not get the letter today, only a text message, an email, and also a case status updated online.

All comments appreciated.

Good luck to everyone- Vespa

Lili,

Yes fingerprint files are valid for a total of 16 months, so you have bypassed the fingerprint process during your N-400 and have moved directly to the queue for interview scheduling. I have been following the trend in Atlanta area since last 6 months or so and I believe you will receive an interview letter in 4-8 weeks and the interview one month from the date you receive the letter. There has been one or two occurrences wherein folks have received interview letters within 2 weeks since the online status update (not that it happens often and with USCIS you never know). I filed my case towards the end of Feb 2011 and am still waiting for the interview letter (had FP on March 9th). Reading through another forum posts, January 2011 applicants have been receiving their interview letters this month.

Atul

So that means that I am on the same boat. I did my Biometrics for ROC last year in April and it has been 14 months that means that I may not even need to go again....

Yes, that is correct...They will simply re-use the fingerprint on their files. The sad part is that they don't refund you the extra $ 80 you pay for biometrics though.

So that means that I am on the same boat. I did my Biometrics for ROC last year in April and it has been 14 months that means that I may not even need to go again....

Filed: Timeline

Yes, that is correct...They will simply re-use the fingerprint on their files. The sad part is that they don't refund you the extra $ 80 you pay for biometrics though.

That doesn't sound right. We did the bio last year, paid the fee, and still got a bio appointment. http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=53935

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know that they are that accurate about the biometrics either...my ROC fingerprints were still good when I applied but I still had biometrics in March for Naturalization....frankly mine would have expired by the time my interview came up anyway. My interview is only next month,exactly 5 months from when I first applied.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.