Vi-Jay

Top staffers to Newt Gingrich’s campaign resign

15 posts in this topic

Top staffers to Newt Gingrichs campaign resign

By Holly Bailey

In a major blow to Newt Gingrich's presidential hopes, senior advisers to his 2012 campaign resigned en masse today, citing strategic differences.

The staffers include Rick Tyler, a longtime political adviser and close friend to Gingrich who has worked for the former House speaker for years, as well as Rob Johnson, a former longtime aide to Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who had been hired to manage Gingrich's campaign.

According to the Associated Press's Dave Espo, the group announced their resignations to Gingrich in a meeting earlier today. In a message on Facebook, Gingrich insisted he plans to stay in the 2012 race. "I am committed to running the substantive, solutions-oriented campaign I set out to run earlier this spring," the message read. "The campaign begins anew Sunday in Los Angeles."

Tyler, who did not immediately respond to requests for comment from The Ticket, told the Washington Post's Chris Cillizza staffers were concerned about Gingrich's commitment to the campaign.

"When the campaign and the candidate disagree on the path, they've got to part ways," Tyler told the Post.

Reached by phone by a reporter from The Daily Caller, Gingrich replied, "I have nothing to say."

The staff defections are the latest major blow to Gingrich's presidential aspirations. Just days after he launched his 2012 bid, the former speaker alienated many Republicans by criticizing a Medicare proposal floated by Rep. Paul Ryan. That controversycombined with embarrassing reports about a pricey credit line Gingrich once held with Tiffany'sprompted the former GOP lawmaker's poll numbers to sink among GOP voters.

Last week, Gingrich was off the radar, after he and his wife decided to take a previously unannounced cruise to Greece. The trip reportedly irked the staff because of its lousy timing, according to Tyler. Gingrich returned to the campaign trail only yesterday, adding a hastily arranged campaign stop in New Hampshire.

The Gingrich exodus would appear to help Perry's potential 2012 bid. Johnson and longtime Perry strategist Dave Carney had been working for Gingrich, but both resigned today and are likely to go to back to work for the Texas governor as he considers a White House run.

In an interview with the New Hampshire Union-Leader's John DiStaso, Carney says there was a "fundamental disagreement" between Gingrich and his staff over how to run the campaign. "You can't have a big political staff with a low-budget campaign," he said.

Source

I'm hoping this (really) means Perry asked them to come help him. :star:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I heard it on the radioz this artnoon and was floored, flummoxed.

Somethings amiss.

There's bound to be some Weiner Linkage somehow.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I heard it on the radioz this artnoon and was floored, flummoxed.

Somethings amiss.

There's bound to be some Weiner Linkage somehow.

:lol:

Bound to be. :yes: No other explanation. :no:

Gingrich isn't a serious candidate, and this isn't news.

Well, all the "news" moguls are reporting it. :blush:

Maybe you're a psychic? :hehe:

If I didn't post it, \ wudda. :yes:

Wait a sec.., if this isn't news.., why did you read and post on the thread? :unsure:

To let everyone know you're a psychic? :blink:

How 'bout you find the "real" Texas boneyard Mr. Psychic. ;)

Edit: I bet your psychic skills told you I would use 7 emoticons. :hehe:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Filed: Timeline

Gingrich isn't a serious candidate, and this isn't news.

Well, all the "news" moguls are reporting it.

You haven't learned anything yet, have you? All the news moguls have reported on The Donald's potential run which never existed. And they continue to report on Palin's potential run which never existed either. And they continue to report on what Herman Cain would do as President completely ignoring the fact that Herman Cain will never be President. It's simple, really. They report what sells not what is news. They're in the business of making moolah, not in the business of reporting real, actual news.

You haven't learned anything yet, have you? All the news moguls have reported on The Donald's potential run which never existed. And they continue to report on Palin's potential run which never existed either. And they continue to report on what Herman Cain would do as President completely ignoring the fact that Herman Cain will never be President. It's simple, really. They report what sells not what is news. They're in the business of making moolah, not in the business of reporting real, actual news.

I've learned alot and obviously (your post shows) you have too. :whistle: ( see how that emoticon's eyes are looking at your post? :star: )

Edited by Vi-Jay

I hear alot and obviously (your post shows) you do too.

The difference appears to be that you merely hear a lot while I actually process the information available and then come to conclusions. Thus far, I haven't been off on this game. Said all along that The Donald ain't running despite all the noise to the contrary out there. Same for Sarah and the same for my rather easy to make prediction on this nutcase Cain.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

The difference appears to be that you merely hear a lot while I actually process the information available and then come to conclusions. Thus far, I haven't been off on this game. Said all along that The Donald ain't running despite all the noise to the contrary out there. Same for Sarah and the same for my rather easy to make prediction on this nutcase Cain.

I read your post wrong. I edited. See? :star:

OK.., So you and Dude knew Gingrich's staff was gonna bail today? :blink:

You are both psychic? :blink:

So do you feel better now that you got that off your chest? :star:

What's up? Having a low self esteem day? :star:

So do you feel better now that you got that off your chest?

Got what off my chest? The obvious? Or are you trying to suggest that you have been somehow dragging down my day? If so, you better start getting over yourself. I ain't taking you all that seriously - which you would have noticed by now if you were ever paying any attention. But I guess you don't, so: C ya'.

Got what off my chest? The obvious? Or are you trying to suggest that you have been somehow dragging down my day? If so, you better start getting over yourself. I ain't taking you all that seriously - which you would have noticed by now if you were ever paying any attention. But I guess you don't, so: C ya'.

Thanks for stopping by. :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Weiner Links to be Bound?

Bounded Weiners Linked?

aha ! Bounding Linked Weiners !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !