stockmktgenius

Going to Oath Ceremony- with No Address!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi! On the Oath Ceremony paperwork, they want my wife to sign her name and address. Our lease was up the end of May and we're now traveling- so we really have no fixed address. Our mailing address also has changed, though it's still in the same area. She could just write the same (old)address that's on the letter they sent her, and anything they wrote would be forwarded to the new mailing address, but it's not really her address anymore so worried it might invalidate the whole document. Could put the new mailing address, but they might question why it's different from the address on the letter, opening up a can of worms (about us having NO address for now.) At this point, not sure all this matters, but still feeling a little paranoid as it's very important for us to have everything go smoothly. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This would be a great time to get a PO Box at a Post Office, in the city where the oath ceremony is to occur.

One of the cool things about not having any 'fixed address' is that your creditors have big problems to find you.

Another cool thing is that your bank will suspend your account after a few months of the statements being returned as undeliverable.

Save yerself a pot of hassle, go rent a PO Box at the Post Office, today.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Thanks. We have a mailing address, but they have moved and is different from the address on my wife's oath ceremony invitation. Just wondering if we might have problems using the new (changed) address, or should we go on using the same (no longer real) address as on the invitation? We're right at the end, hate to have problems at the ceremony.

Filed: Other Timeline

USCIS mail will not be forwarded. If you got the N-445 already, you are done with mail, unless some sh*t hits the fan, like when they reschedule the Oath Ceremony. What does that mean? You figure it out as I cannot give you any advice here that could be seen as not being kosher.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.