sethu_nat400

Question regarding supporting documents for filing N-400

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys,

I am working on compiling the supporting documents for N-400. All I have so far is 1. copy of the Green card 2. copy of Marriage certificate 3. U.S. citizen spouse's passport 4. IRS transcripts for 2008, 2009 & 2010 5. Joint bank statements 6. Joint Utility & cable bills. I have few questions:-

a. Do I need to send photos of my wife and I with the application?

b. I have a traffic accident ticket from 2004, and the proof of payment($93 fine) from DMV database. Do I need to include this info in the application or just take these documents with me during the interview?

c. Is there any other supporting documents I should include for N-400 application based on 3 years of marriage to USC?

Thanks. Good luck to you all.

N-400 based on 3 year marriage to a US Citizen:-

DO: New York City

November 2007 - Got I-751 approved & received 10 year Green Card.

June 14, 2011 - Mailed N-400 package by USPS Express mail to Lewisville, TX

June 15, 2011 - N-400 package received by USCIS lockbox at Lewisville, TX

June 15, 2011 - Priority Date

June 17, 2011 - Check cashed.

June 20, 2011 - EMAIL NOTIFICATION, Will recv Receipt Notice (Form I-797) in 7-10 day

June 23, 2011 - Received I797c NOA in mail.

June 23, 2011 - Received Biometrics mailed text/email

June 27, 2011 - Received Biometrics notice in mail (Appt date: 07/15

July 08, 2011 - Walk-In Biometrics done.

July 12, 2011 - Received email stating "Placed in line for interview scheduling."

Sept 12, 2011 - Received text/email stating "Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview."

Sept 15, 2011 - Received Intervew letter in mail.

Oct 19, 2011 - Interview at 26, Federal Plaza, New York City. PASSED.

Nov 18, 2011 - Oath ceremony.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi, Like you i'm in the same process but based of having greencard for 5 years.

I have been reading a lot of threads recently, and i see other members say to just send what it is written and you can bring your additional papers with you in the interview. I don't know if the supplementary documents for you is different from mine (based on different cases) but nowhere it says to send IRS transcripts?

maybe i'm mistaken

Hi, Like you i'm in the same process but based of having greencard for 5 years.

I have been reading a lot of threads recently, and i see other members say to just send what it is written and you can bring your additional papers with you in the interview. I don't know if the supplementary documents for you is different from mine (based on different cases) but nowhere it says to send IRS transcripts?

maybe i'm mistaken

Below is a checklist:

All applicants must send the following 3 items with their N-400 application:

1. A photocopy of both sides of your Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as the Alien Registration Card or “Green Card”).

If you have lost the card, submit a photocopy of the receipt of your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident

Card; and

2. 2 identical color photographs, with your name and Alien Registration Number (A-Number) written lightly in pencil on the back

of each photo. For details about the photo requirements, see Part 5 of Form M-476, A Guide to Naturalization, and the Form

N-400, Application for Naturalization instructions. If your religion requires you to wear a head covering, your facial features

must still be exposed in the photo for purposes of identification; and

3. A check or money order for the application fee and the biometrics services fee for fingerprinting, as stated in the M-479,

Current Naturalization Fees, enclosure in the Guide. (Applicants 75 years of age or older are exempted from fingerprinting and

the biometrics services fee). Write your A-Number on the back of the check or money order.

If an attorney or accredited representative is acting on your behalf, send:

Send copies of the following documents, unless we ask for an original.

A completed original Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative.

If your current legal name is different from the name on your Permanent Resident Card, send:

The document(s) that legally changed your name (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court document).

If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following 4 items:

1. Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last 3 years:

a. Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth); or

b. Certificate of Naturalization; or

c. Certificate of Citizenship; or

d. The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse’s current U.S. passport; or

e. Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America; and

2. Your current marriage certificate; and

3. Proof of termination of all prior marriages of your spouse (divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificate(s)); and

4. Documents referring to you and your spouse:

a. Tax returns, bank accounts, leases, mortgages, or birth certificates of children; or

b. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-certified copies of the income tax forms that you both filed for the past 3 years; or

c. An IRS tax return transcript for the last 3 years.

Form M-477 (Rev. 02/10/2011 N)

If you were married before, send:

Proof that all earlier marriages ended (divorce decree(s), annulment(s), or death certificates(s)).

If you are currently in the U.S. military service and are seeking citizenship based on that service, send:

A completed original Form N-426, Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service.

If you have taken any trip outside the United States that lasted 6 months or more since becoming a Lawful Permanent

Resident, send evidence that you (and your family) continued to live, work and/or keep ties to the United States, such as:

An IRS tax return “transcript” or an IRS-certified tax return listing tax information for the last 5 years (or for the last 3 years if

you are applying on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen).

Rent or mortgage payments and pay stubs.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/attachments.pdf

You may also look at the link above.

Citizenship

Service Center : Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

05/31/2011 - Date Filed

06/03/2011 - NOA Date

06/08/2011 - Check Cashed

06/30/2011 - Bio. Appointment

07/05/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

08/15/2011 - Yellow Letter received - Dated August 11TH

09/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

09/15/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

10/19/2011 - Interview Appointment Date (Passed)

10/24/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath scheduled

10/26/2011 - Received Oath letter

11/16/2011 - Oath Taking

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello guys,

I am working on compiling the supporting documents for N-400. All I have so far is 1. copy of the Green card 2. copy of Marriage certificate 3. U.S. citizen spouse's passport 4. IRS transcripts for 2008, 2009 & 2010 5. Joint bank statements 6. Joint Utility & cable bills. I have few questions:-

a. Do I need to send photos of my wife and I with the application?

b. I have a traffic accident ticket from 2004, and the proof of payment($93 fine) from DMV database. Do I need to include this info in the application or just take these documents with me during the interview?

c. Is there any other supporting documents I should include for N-400 application based on 3 years of marriage to USC?

Thanks. Good luck to you all.

You don't need any "supporting" documents such as utility bills or bank accounts. You needed those at the ROC stage; you are now at the naturalization stage which is beyond that stuff.

a. No photos of you two, not even if you look cute. Nope.

b. Just list the fine, and under outcome you list "paid fine of $93" and take the original with you to the interview.

c. No. If your wife is a natural born USC, they like to see her birth certificate instead of her passport; if she's a naturalized USC, they like to see her Certificate of Naturalization.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.