jasoncerri

scheduling Interview time in CDJ

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

Just wondering about how soon can you get a k1 appointment at CDJ? We just received packet 3 in the mail, but my fiance is still waiting on her passport. They told her that she could pick it up in person on Friday the 10th, so we expect to have it in 2 days. I do not want to make the appointment without the passport however, just in case there is further delays. We have everything else prepared and ready. So, once we call, how long will we have to wait for an appointment? I heard it was about 2 weeks right now, but that seems awfully fast (but I won't complain if that's the case). Thanks for your help!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

u received ur package 2 months after NOA2??? u know why did it take so long?? wow, that's killing my hopes that I am going to get it before july :(

anyways.... I think once u receive ur package and fill out the forms online and everything u can see the availavility on that same website, have u tried looking that up?

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Timeline

u received ur package 2 months after NOA2??? u know why did it take so long?? wow, that's killing my hopes that I am going to get it before july :(

anyways.... I think once u receive ur package and fill out the forms online and everything u can see the availavility on that same website, have u tried looking that up?

It's funny because my package 3 just arrived a few days ago, but it is dated May 12. So, it took 3.5 weeks to get from El Paso, TX to SF, CA. Maybe they are using Pony Express! :lol:

However, if I remember correctly, you can schedule the appointment before receiving the packet, but you want to do it far enough in advance to ensure that the "packet" (it's one page) arrives. I'm not sure if others have tried this, so I don't know if it's recommended to do this or not.

I haven't gone on the website yet because my fiance is still waiting on her passport, so I just wanted to make sure we had EVERYTHING in hand before going online to do all the scheduling. Since the passport should arrive Friday, (assuming she gets it then) I'll probably just wait until this weekend to go on the website and check it out.

Timeline

I don't think you can schedule without a passport number

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

05-16-2011 Packet 3 received

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-01-2011 Interview & approved!

08-03-2011 Got the visas!

08-04-2011 POE Juarez, 5 minutes at 6:10 am!!

08-19-2011 Married

10-19-2011 AOS package sent

11-08-2011 AOS package re-sent

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

12-20-2011 BIO apointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's funny because my package 3 just arrived a few days ago, but it is dated May 12. So, it took 3.5 weeks to get from El Paso, TX to SF, CA. Maybe they are using Pony Express! :lol:

However, if I remember correctly, you can schedule the appointment before receiving the packet, but you want to do it far enough in advance to ensure that the "packet" (it's one page) arrives. I'm not sure if others have tried this, so I don't know if it's recommended to do this or not.

I haven't gone on the website yet because my fiance is still waiting on her passport, so I just wanted to make sure we had EVERYTHING in hand before going online to do all the scheduling. Since the passport should arrive Friday, (assuming she gets it then) I'll probably just wait until this weekend to go on the website and check it out.

Hopefully they will use at least the regular mail system for my packet :lol: , I guess I will have to wait for it to schedule my interview, I dont want to risk it.

Yeah, I dont think u can schedule the interview if u dont have a passport but u could start filling out the forms online, that is going to take quite a bit of your time, if u dont finish u can always save what u did and finish later, I actually started yesterday and have not finished yet. One recomendation though, when you/your fiance are filling out the DS 260, make sure you have all the info handy (passport #, SSN if she has any, addresses where she has lived since she was 16, visa# if she has any, employers address, etc etc etc), if u dont know the info and are looking for it at the last minute the session times out after 20 minutes and its a pain in the butt!!! :angry:

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Timeline

Right, we can't do anything until she has the passport, so I'm still waiting. I have prepared all her previous addresses, employment etc on a clean Excel sheet, so I will be ready to copy them in once she has the passport and I can log into the system. Thanks all for your help and input.

Timeline

i do not mean any confusion but packet 3 is the k1 visa instructions printed from ciudad juarez consulate website. packet 4 is the invitation letter from juarez requesting you to schedule her interview. yes the passport is required to login to usvisa-info.com website to program her interviews to CAS AND CONSULATE INTERVIEWS. you need at least a day for each one i just scheduled my fiancees on the 6th of july for CAS and 7th for consulate. and we are doing her medical on the 5th. hope this helps

btw more than likely the petitioner will receive the invitation letter before the beneficiary due to mail systems in mexico

Edited by edgarmanzo0916

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

i do not mean any confusion but packet 3 is the k1 visa instructions printed from ciudad juarez consulate website. packet 4 is the invitation letter from juarez requesting you to schedule her interview. yes the passport is required to login to usvisa-info.com website to program her interviews to CAS AND CONSULATE INTERVIEWS. you need at least a day for each one i just scheduled my fiancees on the 6th of july for CAS and 7th for consulate. and we are doing her medical on the 5th. hope this helps

btw more than likely the petitioner will receive the invitation letter before the beneficiary due to mail systems in mexico

Actually, there are no packets at all from CDJ. The 'packet 3' is the invitation letter you receive pointing you to the instructions and forms online at the consulate site for you to fill out. There is no 'packet 4' from CDJ.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.