Dan Nguyen

Interview tomorrow

73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

they use this IMO... they just ask a question like.. is the relationship real? or are they scamming me? and poof blue or pink...

Well, they had pink ready but issue blue instead. They want I-864A instead of the I-864 my dad submitted.

Questions asked were pretty simple ones. What is husband's father's name? When did your husband came to the U.S.? How old is your daughter? Where's your daughter? Have you ever applied for visa before? Where is your husband currently living? This where they stop and filled out the 221(g) asking for the I-864A.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

they already likely have a pink waiting for you as long as the paperwork was all submitted correctly...

Submit that document and they will issue the Pink..:thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Submit that document and they will issue the Pink..:thumbs:

On the 221(g) it say you can submit on appointment date or anytime between 1:00-2:00PM on working days and it will be review later.

If we submit on appointment date, will they issue visa that day?

If we submit earlier, will they issue earlier?

Timeline

no

yes

You can go as soon as you get the document.. will take at least a week to actually issue the visa after the pink is provided.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

no

yes

You can go as soon as you get the document.. will take at least a week to actually issue the visa after the pink is provided.

Sorry, that's what I mean.

If we submit on appointment date, will they issue pink that day?

If we submit earlier, will they review in a timely manner and issue pink earlier or just let it sit "to be review later"?

Edited by hnguyen3k

Timeline

If we submit earlier, will they review in a timely manner and issue pink earlier or just let it sit "to be review later"?

Just go as early as possible and hope for a pink. If they think a pink is in order then they will issue one on the day of resubmission. If you receive a blue then hopefully AP will be short. It will be the same no matter if you go on the day noted on the blue.

Timeline

Odds are that they have the pink ready and will just swap when they get the correct for when all the issue was, was the single form used... not like the info really changed much.. I read where the consulate in Bangkok made a girl go back to the hospital and get the right form because the hospital was using the wrong version.. bam.. there was the pink waiting for her... If it were a timeline request or request for additional documents it would be more hit or miss on whether they would issue pink then or say we will let you know because we dont have time to deal with it now...

Timeline

Odds are that they have the pink ready and will just swap when they get the correct for when all the issue was, was the single form used... not like the info really changed much.. I read where the consulate in Bangkok made a girl go back to the hospital and get the right form because the hospital was using the wrong version.. bam.. there was the pink waiting for her... If it were a timeline request or request for additional documents it would be more hit or miss on whether they would issue pink then or say we will let you know because we dont have time to deal with it now...

Yes, but what I mean is, if we submit on appointment day, they will review it that day and issue pink. If we submit earlier, they will review later. Don't know when "later" will be. See what I'm getting at?

Timeline

they are supposed to review on the scheduled date.. there is always the possibility that it could get delayed...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My father is the joint sponsor. Can someone shed some light on why they want him to submit the I-864A instead of the I-864?

Because you're living with your dad. The I-864A is a contract between a sponsor and a qualifying household member. It allows your dad to combine his income with yours.

If your dad will be submitting an I-864A then you will need to revise your I-864 to include his name and income in section 24.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Because you're living with your dad. The I-864A is a contract between a sponsor and a qualifying household member. It allows your dad to combine his income with yours.

If your dad will be submitting an I-864A then you will need to revise your I-864 to include his name and income in section 24.

They didn't request a revise I-864 from me. Just the I-864A from my dad.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They didn't request a revise I-864 from me. Just the I-864A from my dad.

The I-864A is useless without including the relevant information on the I-864. The I-864A is not a complete affidavit of support. When a qualifying household member signs an I-864A then they become part of the primary sponsor's household - they have to be included on line 21.g of the primary sponsor's I-864. Their name, relationship, and income has to be included in part 24 of the primary sponsor's I-864.

In addition, there is a sponsor's promise section on the I-864A which YOU, the primary sponsor, must sign. Read part 2 of the form.

If I were in your shoes, I'd prepare a complete set - a properly completed I-864A, and a properly completed I-864 that reflected the information from the I-864A.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

The I-864A is useless without including the relevant information on the I-864. The I-864A is not a complete affidavit of support. When a qualifying household member signs an I-864A then they become part of the primary sponsor's household - they have to be included on line 21.g of the primary sponsor's I-864. Their name, relationship, and income has to be included in part 24 of the primary sponsor's I-864.

In addition, there is a sponsor's promise section on the I-864A which YOU, the primary sponsor, must sign. Read part 2 of the form.

If I were in your shoes, I'd prepare a complete set - a properly completed I-864A, and a properly completed I-864 that reflected the information from the I-864A.

Yes, I know both of us has to sign the I-864A. A revise I-864 from me is not difficult. Question remains, why didn't they request a revise I-864 from me to go with the I-864A?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.