pulseps

passport clearence cirtificate applied too late now what?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Visa interview date for USA is july 6th 2011.

i received checklist letter for my wife month ago and i got interview letter on may 26 which is scheduled to july 6th 2011. i forgot to get passport office police clearence certificate.....today my wife went to passport office and deposite her passport there. she asked question, "when i will return my passport"? they said, once process done they wiil mail it to her back. no specific dated or time period provided.

she scheduled medical on this june 13th. how could she make it?

what should we do now. please reply someone who knows right solution, please.

i received checklist letter for my wife month ago and i got interview letter on may 26 which is scheduled to july 6th 2011. i forgot to get passport office police clearence certificate.....today my wife went to passport office and deposite her passport there. she asked question, "when i will return my passport"? they said, once process done they wiil mail it to her back. no specific dated or time period provided.

Congratz on the interview,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

she should have brought either the interview letter with her or (if it was issued) the checklist letter response (both from NVC)

and then asked for expedite (and pay) service on the PCC.

*** not a K-1 visa topic, moving to IR-1/CR-1 visa forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

where is your wife applying for passport clearance certificate ? if you can actually prove that you need passport clearance certificate urgently they give it on same day .. but for that you have to go and meet the chief passport officer and explain your situation . other option is .. you still have enough time to obtain pcc .. You can reschedule the medical exam .. the medical exam can be just done one day before you submit your docs to vfs .. and passport clearance usually take minimum 10 days and max 15 days from the date of application .

Filed: Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.