7 posts in this topic

Hello everybody. I filled a CR-1 visa for my wife last year, and lately I've been hung up on the AOS i-864. I'm 25, I've filled taxes since I was 18, and I'm now making about 40k a year. I've tried filling the i-864ez two times, and i've had it sent back both times. I've filled the form out, payed the filling fee, printed my cover letter, attached my last 3 years W2's, my last 5 pay stubs, and proof of my annual income. Everything went pretty smooth until this point. Now it just feels like I'm at a road block. Could someone please tell me what I'm leaving out and maybe list off everything i need to include in the packet. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You are being nebulous--exactly what did the RFE from the NVC ask for??

Did you not include your complete tax return or a tax return transcript for example??

Do you have kids--if so you must use I-864??

These are just a couple of examples, but all the matters is what the RFE said, so let's start there.

I haven't received the letter stating what was wrong or missing. I called to get an update on the status of the visa and found out that there was"incorrect or missing information." The recording said the letter was sent out on May 24, but I still haven't got it. When I get it, I can let you know. The first time it was sent back they said it was missing tax return information. For the time being though, does the i-864 require more than just W2's? If so what? My work allows me to print off my W2's, are these ok for the i-864?

Timeline

Absolutely more than W-2's---you must submit tax returns. Ya gotta read the instructions and follow them to a tee !!! Here they are right from the I-864EZ instructions--ya just gotta read and then you will eliminate 99% of any potential issues:

You must provide either an IRS transcript or a photocopy

from your own records of your Federal individual income tax

return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional

returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain

sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies

of your Federal individual income tax returns for the 3 most

recent years.

Call the IRS and get them to send your tax transcripts. You can then send these with your I-864EZ and not even bother sending the W2s, pay stubs, or anything else. You only even need the latest tax transcript, not all three.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You are being nebulous--exactly what did the RFE from the NVC ask for??

Did you not include your complete tax return or a tax return transcript for example??

Do you have kids--if so you must use I-864??

These are just a couple of examples, but all the matters is what the RFE said, so let's start there.

People with children can still use the I-864EZ. Check out the three qualifying questions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I wasn't very clear, was I !! You can only use 864EZ if :

2. The relative you are sponsoring is the only person listed on

the Form I-130 petition;

Right form the instructions, so if you are sponsoring your wife and her kids who are not USC, then you have to use I-864.

There--I think that is clearer!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.