me@hubby

visa procedure to germany

17 posts in this topic

hello every one!!

im just new in this visajourney. and i just need some help guys,me and my husband just got married last month,his us army base in germany,and now we dont know what to do how he can bring me to germany i ask my fried cuz shes in italy already but what she saying to me bout what they do is not clear.and i wonder if i can go to germany w/o visa and just using that sofa visa and its not clear to me too.o pls who ever experience this stuff we need some advice..looking forward for all the advice :)

thanks and godbless!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You need a green card. You need to be on his deployment/ PCS orders. Then you can move there with him. You will need copys of the orders with both your names on it for ROC of the green card from another country.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

You need a green card. You need to be on his deployment/ PCS orders. Then you can move there with him. You will need copys of the orders with both your names on it for ROC of the green card from another country.

thank you for reply..but he just got his order and im not w/ his order to germany cuz we just got married last month..and i wonder how i can get that green card.as i read here theres this guy and just use sofa visa for his wife,but i dont know how they get that sofa visa..

thank you for reply..but he just got his order and im not w/ his order to germany cuz we just got married last month..and i wonder how i can get that green card.as i read here theres this guy and just use sofa visa for his wife,but i dont know how they get that sofa visa..

There are so many missing pieces to your request that it is hard to give you the correct respone.

Lets start with question number one, where are you living right now, the US or PI,

Do you have any type of visa request in place if you are still in the PI.

When did you get married and what process was your husband going to start to enable the two of you to be in the same country together.

Timeline

You need to go on base to apply for the SOFA card for Germany.

You need to be in the deers system and recorded as a military spouse to get it.

After you get the card you can move to Germany with him on his orders. Then you have to apply for a green card from overseas through Germany.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

There are so many missing pieces to your request that it is hard to give you the correct respone.

Lets start with question number one, where are you living right now, the US or PI,

Do you have any type of visa request in place if you are still in the PI.

When did you get married and what process was your husband going to start to enable the two of you to be in the same country together.

im leaving here in pi now..and we didnt start anything yet cuz his currently in training in airborne school in states ,after 3 weeks thats the time he will go to germany,and now we wondering what papers and what kind of processing we need to do.we really dont have any clue right now,we just got married last month.really appreciate your reply :)

You need to go on base to apply for the SOFA card for Germany.

You need to be in the deers system and recorded as a military spouse to get it.

After you get the card you can move to Germany with him on his orders. Then you have to apply for a green card from overseas through Germany.

im here in philippines now.and can i apply deers here in us embassy manila by my self and get id too?are you in the us military too?really appreciate your reply :)

Timeline

im here in philippines now.and can i apply deers here in us embassy manila by my self and get id too?are you in the us military too?really appreciate your reply :)

I don't think you can get a sofa card then. My husband said you have to be in the system as a military spouse to do all this.

You have to apply in person at the base with your husband in the USA at his station for your Deers card.

Your husband, (not You) needs to talk to his commanding officer at the military base where he is stationed to start the process. You will need to gather the required documents that your husband will need from you, copies of passport, marriage license, your birth papers.

Again your new husband will have to start the process here in the US at his military base.

I don't think you can get a sofa card then. My husband said you have to be in the system as a military spouse to do all this.

You have to apply in person at the base with your husband in the USA at his station for your Deers card.

thats what we planning to do.i will apply here in us embassy for deers so then i can be in system as military spouse,but just wondering how long it takes to get a sofa stamp?and if ever i get sofa stamp do i still need visa to germany?

Your husband, (not You) needs to talk to his commanding officer at the military base where he is stationed to start the process. You will need to gather the required documents that your husband will need from you, copies of passport, marriage license, your birth papers.

Again your new husband will have to start the process here in the US at his military base.

as of now he just have my birth cirt and marriage contract cuz i didnt change my passport yet cuz we just got married last month and getting new passport here to change my status and my surname took forever which is not good.so i wonder how long it takes to get a sofa stamp?and if ever i get sofa stamp do i still need visa to germany or ofa stamp is enough?

I can only answer for the US, must have stamp and visa to be able to enter US.

ohh well hopefully i can get stamp soon..but first i need to apply in deers and get id?so he can start paper works for me.his in korea before so it was easy for us to see each other but now his going to germany,i dont know when we see each other again.so im hoping we can fix my papers soon so i can go to germany too...thank you for your advice :)

Edited by mrs.justknew

Timeline

SOFA can take around 60 days or more for processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.