Jan and Joan

Fiancee Has US passport

4 posts in this topic

my fiancee already has a US passport she has dual citizenship in USA and philippines. She has been Living in the Philippines for the last 8 years is there anything she needs to do or get before she comes to US. or is she legal to come here anytime she wants. Any comments will be greately apperciated.

wmjyjoja5z.png ">

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

my fiancee already has a US passport she has dual citizenship in USA and philippines. She has been Living in the Philippines for the last 8 years is there anything she needs to do or get before she comes to US. or is she legal to come here anytime she wants. Any comments will be greately apperciated.

If she's a US citizen, she can come and go as she pleases.

Filed: Timeline

No need to file for a visa. She may have to catch up on her taxes if she hasn't filed for the last eight years, but other than that, she is good to go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If her US passport is not expired yet then she don't have to apply for a new US passport yet and she can travel to US ANYTIME as long as she has the plane tickets to come to US.lol

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.