I_Am_That_I_Am

Saudi Police Clearance

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

I am here again to ask our friendly VJers regarding Saudi Police Clearance.

I am a Registered Nurse and worked in Jeddah, KSA as NICU nurse. I left Saudi in Dec. 2010 and stayed 3 months in Dubai where my Fiance and I finalized the engagement. (We met in Orlando in 2000 and been inlove since: 10 years, 7 months, 7 days (sad but true)). Nwys, before i left saudi, i managed to get a Saudi Police Clearance which is dated Oct. 2010. Recently, we received our NOA1 and basing from the timelines here, we should expect decision from adjudicators sometime between Sept and Nov. Now, noting that the Police Clearance i have is dated Oct 2010, will it still be valid when i submit it to US embassy during my interview? At the moment i am back at home in Manila and have no plan of going back to Saudi. Will the US Embassy still require me to get another clearance with a more recent issue date? If so, does anybody here knows how to get a Saudi Police Clearance from outside the kingdom?

Please, if there's anyone here who knows the answer/s, please enlighten me. Thank you so much in advance!

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Hello,

I posted the same question here on VJ before coz I worked in Saudi as a Nurse too and I went back home in PI on Oct. 2010, but I don't have a police clearance from Saudi, unlike you at least you manage to obtain one. Though here's the info. I got (thanks to Vj'ers) :thumbs:

Saudi Arabia Reciprocity Schedule

Documents

Birth Certificates

Available at time of birth. For persons born prior to 1968 in the western (Jeddah) and eastern (Dhahran) provinces and 1980 in the central (Riyadh) province birth certificates are not available. In lieu of birth certificates the nationality card (Tabiya) should be used.

Marriage and Divorce Certificates

Marriages and divorces are conducted in accordance with Sharia (Islamic) law. Sharia courts issue marriage and divorce certificates. Authenticated copies of the certificate are available, provided the requester presents to the court a copy of the original document. If a copy of the original document cannot be presented, the court can only state it has confirmed details of the marriage or divorce based on its records.

Police Records

Police clearances are available for Saudi citizens and resident third country nationals. Saudi citizens currently residing overseas must return in person to process the police clearance.

Saudi citizens and third country nationals residing in the Kingdom process the police clearances by first obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with a passport-sized photograph and a national ID or residency permit at the regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two.

Police clearances are available for Saudi nationals residing outside of the Kingdom. The expatriate Saudi citizen obtains the police clearance by returning to the Kingdom and obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with the attested police clearance request letter, a passport-sized photograph and a national ID at the Regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two.

Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It says Saudi Police Clearance are unavailable to people like us who no longer reside in the kingdom.

I guess we don't have to worry anymore. Maraming Salamat po!no0pb.gifno0pb.gifno0pb.gif

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

It says Saudi Police Clearance are unavailable to people like us who no longer reside in the kingdom.

I guess we don't have to worry anymore. Maraming Salamat po!no0pb.gifno0pb.gifno0pb.gif

Yep, I was worried like you before but, it'll be okay, you work there, you lived for months or years in there so you must know how hard it is to be able to obtain any document from their side, much more when you're out of their country. :). You're very much welcome.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

• 1 month later...

sis what i did is i called the saudi embassy here in makati and the lady told me that i will send all my documents proof that i work in saudi to phillippine emabssy in riyadh together with the finger printing but im still confused, then i ask my brod working in saudi aramco to call the consulate there and the consulate advise me that im going to dfa oumwa together with final exit visa and employment certificate and xerox of passport and they will issue no derogaratory record but it takes 2 and half months because they will send it to saudi and wait to return it back and i pay 25 dollars.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What up?? Are you done ? What happen on your PCC application??

sis what i did is i called the saudi embassy here in makati and the lady told me that i will send all my documents proof that i work in saudi to phillippine emabssy in riyadh together with the finger printing but im still confused, then i ask my brod working in saudi aramco to call the consulate there and the consulate advise me that im going to dfa oumwa together with final exit visa and employment certificate and xerox of passport and they will issue no derogaratory record but it takes 2 and half months because they will send it to saudi and wait to return it back and i pay 25 dollars.

• 4 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread with hijack post is now closed to further comment.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.