Vi-Jay

Moody's warns US gov't on possible debt downgrade

46 posts in this topic

Sometimes. And then things need to get done- not helped at all by foolish feelings of insecurity and paranoia going on psychosis.

Learning how to temper/ control paranoia comes with life experiences/ lessons. I have lot's. :yes:

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

The GOP has made clear, they want to raise the limit and/ but do not think OM will cut spending w/o leverage.

(hmmm...I can't pick an emoticon for that one. :unsure: See LI? See what your bigotry has done to me! :bonk: )

Leverage, as in... the GOP actually negotiating on other than tax breaks for the wealthy?

No, they haven't. That's why the rating agencies are getting nervous.

Let me make clear. :star: I think We The People are getting played by both parties. :help:

The GOP has stated over and over they will vote for an increase that matches cuts in spending. :yes:

Do you tune out when the GOP talks? :unsure:

Leverage, as in... the GOP actually negotiating on other than tax breaks for the wealthy?

Cliche much? :rolleyes:

Timeline

Let me make clear. :star: I think We The People are getting played by both parties. :help:

The GOP has stated over and over they will vote for an increase that matches cuts in spending. :yes:

Do you tune out when the GOP talks? :unsure:

More like reality- try it.

Timeline

You mean reality on LSD? Been there done that. :wacko: I'm too old to go back. My health couldn't take it. :bonk:

Ah... lasting effects of drugs huh? Don't some of them make people psycho? ;)

Filed: Timeline
The GOP has stated over and over they will vote for an increase that matches cuts in spending.

Let me be clear: I ain't getting played by nobody. So, you speak for yourself.

Now, the GOP proposition is bull. Why? well, because the deficit - and hence the debt - cannot be eliminated with spending cuts alone. If you disagree, show us how.

Cliche? Who gains and who loses on the GOP's budget blueprint? A blueprint which - by the way - even based on Ryan's oh so fantastic assumptions (2% unemployment rate anyone? :lol:) doesn't actually close the budget gap and, hence, doesn't even begin to pay down a dime's worth of debt for many decades to come. You consider that serious? Really? Then you are getting played.

Ah... lasting effects of drugs huh? Don't some of them make people psycho? ;)

:lol: Was that an innuendo? :lol:

Purely experimental and during my early 20's. I just know I'm not 20 anymore. :)

Timeline

:lol: Was that an innuendo? :lol:

Purely experimental and during my early 20's. I just know I'm not 20 anymore. :)

All I know is once you mess up your brain, its hard getting it back. You said you were paranoid after all... just trying to help.

Let me be clear: I ain't getting played by nobody. So, you speak for yourself.

Now, the GOP proposition is bull. Why? well, because the deficit - and hence the debt - cannot be eliminated with spending cuts alone. If you disagree, show us how.

If you pay taxes then you are in the game too. ;)

That's a cool link. Thanks. :thumbs: I will work through it later. :yes:

(Time for me to pay attention to my wife)

Btw.., :secret: I appreciate your noticeable (at least to me) drop in attempts to bait me. :thumbs:

I am open minded and willing to consider anothers POV. :star:

Hey, just because he's paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get him.

Heeeyyy..., :lol:

You kids play nice. :P

If you pay taxes then you are in the game too.

Of course I am in the game too. And I am not opposed to paying my fair share to pay for the country's upkeep. We could do with fewer expenses for sure but let's start where the waste is. There's no reason why we need to outspend the rest of the world combined on defense. There's no good reason why we're in Iraq and Afghanistan. Let's get out. There's no reason why need to subsidize the most profitable industries - let's not do that anymore. There's no reason why we cannot enforce in a meaningful way our labor laws eliminating illegal employment and hence illegal immigration. I'm on board when someone proposes to levy devastating punishments on businesses that seek a quick buck from exploiting illegal labor. There's no reason why we need to spend 17% of our GDP on health care and still not achieve the outcomes of competing nations that spend a fraction of that. Let's reduce that spending once and for all - get rid of fee-for-service and have people pay for elective procedures either via their own, separate insurance or out-of-pocket. Then there is that whole homeland security bureaucracy bullshite that the GOP has proudly given us which can be trimmed back significantly - so let's do that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

TAX-CUTS-DEBT.jpg

why not the original pic instead of the huff and puff post?

The single largest contributor to the deficit and debt are the tax cuts enacted in 2001 and 2003 and extended for two years at the end of 2010. That being the case and seeing how federal revenue as a share of GDP has dropped to historic lows, it's not unreasonable to say that anyone seriously wanting to address the deficit would tackle the single largest contributor to that defict. Why is the GOP so blind to that very fact and so unwilling to bring the budget in order?

ask obama, he extended them, so they are now his "tax cuts."

Muchos Emoticonos dancin5hr.gif

that one is the happy proctologist

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!