oscar12

Advice on tax return for k-1 interview at Lagos

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well thank God we have gotten to this stage....and all is moving just fast.....My interview is coming up on 22nd,June and i have all the document necessary for it but we probably need some advice concerning the 3 years tax return....

Well,in Nov,2007,my fiancee broke her leg and had to go through surgery on that same Nov and at the point,she was working and was living in a different city from where her parent live but when she broke her leg,they parent had to come and took her home because she could not walk by herself and afterward,she went through surgery and Thank God,everything went fine,she started walking again,she didn't go back to the same job after the whole process and equally didn't go back to her own house,after several months of staying at home trying to recover,she started working for her parents because the parent has there own company the following year which is ending of 2008,cant remm the exact month....So,when she was recovering,she didn't bother to file for her taxes for 2008,that was suppose to be filled in early 2009 becus she work for only like 3 months or less....

Now,we ar getting all our document for my interview,she then realize she didn't have her 2008 tax return and she is currently not working for her parents anymore which will not allow her file it now and she moved to stay by herself after she was fully recovered in 2010....Though,we have the 2009 and 2010 tax return because she work for both year fully... and Now,she is fully working also and she brought her appointment letter that she was given when she got her current job in April,2010 till date and she equally get a new letter from work dated last month,showing that she is still working in the company till date and her pay slip for over 10months and she is making above $30,000 a year and am the only person she is sponsoring .....No other dependent of whatsoever...

My question now is,Would the 2008 tax return be a problem for us becus the way she was sounding,As if she is sure that was going be a problem,i don't know maybe from what she research or so,she could not handle it not having the 2008 tax and for single reason,That has made her spend over $1800 to buy a ticket to be here when i will be having my interview this month,which was part of the money we would have used for our wedding in October....i am so mad about that but i just don't want to make it a big issue because what she will say is that i like consider money in everything i do....or maybe i don't love her enough to let her to be here to defend it or so.....which is nonsense becus am sure they wont let her in to the embassy when am having my interview...i told her though but she believe with her passport as US citizen,she can be allow inside........lets see the possiblity but am so mad about the situation which i will definitely let her know after they didn't let her in on the interview day

Again,she also brought papers from the hospital showing she went surgery in 2007 and was staying at home trying to recovered for almost 2008 and within me,i thought the papers is enough but with how she is going about it,maybe is not.....Vj,pls, is what we have not enough for the tax becus what i read online was just her most recent tax return which we have 2009 and 2010 and the letters from work.....Pls advise.....because i know as much as she here on the day of the interview,she wont be allowed to enter the embassy with me which is my own annoyance of spending over $2000 just to be here for nothing.............Which could have been used for our wedding and honeymoon,,,

Pls advise in anyway you guys can.......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Unless your consulate specifically requires 3 years of tax returns, I have seen numerous K1 petitioners that only give current years federal tax returns (2010 currently). At our interview, that was what was required. Not 3 years worth. We were required to give last years tax return and a letter from employer stating I was currently employed at full time status since XXX date at a current salary of $xxxxx/annualy. (on a business letterhead) We had my W-2's and several months of paystubs, but they never asked for them. I guess better to have them and not needed than to not have them and they ask...... Sounds like you guys are fine.

If I am wrong about Nigeria requiring more than that, hopefully someone will correct my post....

Good Luck

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

All u need is the most recent tax return 2010 and letter from employer that states ur pay how often and how long she has been employed and maybe a brief description of her job duties no need to stress. You r also correct she will not be allowed in the interview with u. Also only answer what is asked of u at the interview and only show what they ask for no need to talk about the surgery and her moving with her parents etc.......dont volunteer info. Good luck

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Like its bn said.She wouldnt be needed at the interview room.The interview is to know your knowledge about your spouse and how much you both genuinely want to be together as couples.

Since she has bought the ticket(you dont need be mad any longer).She can just wait and you both move together.Hopefully you would be granted and you can start the celebration immediately from the embassy.How about that.what you need is the presence of the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Her ticket pass might even help during your interview.You let the consular knows she is here to celebrate the visa (prior to it bn granted) with you.Or were u solely responsible for the ticket (NOSEY :o )

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

As much as the money is not coming from me,i know getting married to a woman especially a woman with American culture means that you are solely responsible for her basic needs and when we don't have savings....it will backfire....Am i right or wrong....so it dose not hurt to see things thru.....besides i cant be able to work the next couple of months after my arrival which means we will only be sustaining solely from her salary and what we have saved.....i don't want to start killing myself becus i moved to America....noway...things have to be done right.....But anyway...like you said....we could still celebrate after the whole process...it worth to....and At any rate....i still miss her like crazy......so is all good...she will be here in couple of weeks....and Thanks for the advice...i guess we ar good for the tax returns becus we have 2009 and 2010....thanks everyone....

Filed: Timeline

ON MY CASE ON THE PRE-SCREENING WINDOW I WAS ASKED TO SUBMIT THE LATEST INCOME TAX RETURN OF MY FIANCEE BUT THEN I OFFERED THE THREE YEARS INCOME TAX RETURN SINCE THERE WAS A CLERICAL ERROR ON THE NAME OF MY PETITIONER BUT THE SS NUMBER AND ADDRESS WERE THE SAME. I DID THAT ON PURPOSE SO THAT THE CO WOULD HAVE AT LEAST A REFERENCES WHEN THE CONSULATE NEEDS PROOF THAT ITS THE SAME PERSON... THE PERSON ON THE PRE SCREENING WINDOW REJECTED THE LATEST ITR (2010)SINCE THERE WAS A CLERICAL ERROR. HE SAID THAT 2009 ITR WAS OKAY AND TO AVOID THE CONSUL QUESTIONING ME ABOUT THE ERROR. THE 2009 ITR WAS ONLY 5K+++ ( THEY MARKED IT INSUFFICIENT FUNDS)SINCE MY PETITONER WAS UNEMPLOYED THAT WHOLE YEAR.. SO THEN I WAS CALLED FOR ANOTHER WINDOW FOR THE FINAL INTERVIEW WITH THE CONSULAR OFFICER. THE CO WAS SO NICE AND APPROACHABLE. SHE ONLY ASKED ME FEW QUESTION ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP TO MY PETITIONER. AT THE END OF OUR CONVERSATION SHE THEN INSTRUCTED ME TO WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS AT THE OTHER WINDOW...ON THE FINAL INSTRUCTION WINDOW I FOUND OUT THAT I NEEDED TO SUBMIT THE LATEST ITR (2010) WHICH IS ALREADY AVAILABLE WITH ME.. I TOLD THE GUY ON THAT WINDOW THAT I ALREADY THAVE IT AND THAT THE GUY ON THE PRE-SCREENING WINDOW REFUSED TO ACCEPT THE ITR BECAUSE OF THE CLERICAL ERROR. THE GUY RESPONDED THAT I NEEDED TO SUBMIT A NEW ONE WITH CORRECT SPELLING ON THE NAME OF MY PETITIONER. BUT I INSISTED THAT MAYBE THE CONSUL WOULD CONSIDER THE 2010 ITR SINCE ITS ONLY A SINGLE LETTER CLERICAL ERROR. I BEGGED THE GUY TO JUST SHOW THE ITR TO THE CO AND ASK THAT MAYBE SHE CAN CONSIDER THE ERROR. GOOD THING THE 2010 ITR HAS A 26K+++ INCOME IN 6 MONTHS WAY TOO FAR FROM 5K++++ ... AFTER FEW MINUTES OF WAITING I WAS TOLD THAT THE CONSUL WAS CONSIDERED THE ITR OKAY AND THAT I AM DONE. THE GUY ASKED ME TO DROP THE TO GO FORM AT TOGO WINDOW... SO THERE... I HOPE MY EXPERIENCE WOULD HELP YOU..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.