naksah

I-751 June 2011 Filers

1,161 posts in this topic

So i was there by 10:45am. The officer called our names right away and then tells us that they don't have our file and that it's still at Vermont. #######! :D

OMG! You have got to be kidding??? They made you go through all that trouble, only to tell you that they don't have your file!!! :angry: Why didn't they make sure they had it before telling you to come in for an interview?!?!?! I'm so sorry you have been given the run around like this by them. What will happen now?

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

OMG! You have got to be kidding??? They made you go through all that trouble, only to tell you that they don't have your file!!! :angry: Why didn't they make sure they had it before telling you to come in for an interview?!?!?! I'm so sorry you have been given the run around like this by them. What will happen now?

I know!!! this is soo ridiculous! I called them again this morning, spoke to a level 2 rep who told me that my file is still at Vermont and they are sorry for my inconvenience. He then told me to keep calling once or twice a week to push it. So then i told him that i have a N400 in line, already had my FP taken and that i might be scheduled for an interview, now what? He then said that even if my N400 is approved i wont be a citizen until my i751 is adjudicated and he said that in this case i would have to schedule an infoPass and then they'll interview us regardless.

I know!!! this is soo ridiculous! I called them again this morning, spoke to a level 2 rep who told me that my file is still at Vermont and they are sorry for my inconvenience. He then told me to keep calling once or twice a week to push it. So then i told him that i have a N400 in line, already had my FP taken and that i might be scheduled for an interview, now what? He then said that even if my N400 is approved i wont be a citizen until my i751 is adjudicated and he said that in this case i would have to schedule an infoPass and then they'll interview us regardless.

Man it's time to get your congressman involved. Remember my story? They didn't explain why it's taking forever but the USCIS director DID agreed (at least on her email reply to my congressman) to "ignore" my ROC if the N-400 gets approved.

Maybe we should start a class action law suit.

Man it's time to get your congressman involved. Remember my story? They didn't explain why it's taking forever but the USCIS director DID agreed (at least on her email reply to my congressman) to "ignore" my ROC if the N-400 gets approved.

Maybe we should start a class action law suit.

Thanks so much for your tip Steve! But how do i get my congressman involved? what am i supposed to do exactly? I live in New york city. I'd really appreciate any help Steve. Thank you so much!

Thanks so much for your tip Steve! But how do i get my congressman involved? what am i supposed to do exactly? I live in New york city. I'd really appreciate any help Steve. Thank you so much!

Find your congressman that handles your region, collect everything you have regarding your ridiculously abused ROC application process, call them and ask them for help. They will guide you through it.

Find your congressman that handles your region, collect everything you have regarding your ridiculously abused ROC application process, call them and ask them for help. They will guide you through it.

Hey Steve D. i listened to your advice and went to our congressman, brought all documentation , and they were very patient with me. They said that USCIS are always lazy and unorganized and that they'll take it from there. They also told me that in worse case scenarios, i'll have both my i751 and n400 approved on the same day which works perfectly fine for me. Thanks for your help again :) !

Hey Steve D. i listened to your advice and went to our congressman, brought all documentation , and they were very patient with me. They said that USCIS are always lazy and unorganized and that they'll take it from there. They also told me that in worse case scenarios, i'll have both my i751 and n400 approved on the same day which works perfectly fine for me. Thanks for your help again :) !

NP and you are welcome.

I think they lost my ROC but they aren't admitting it so delay turned into push by my congressman, and finally USCIS decided just to "ignore" my ROC and go with my N-400.

It's been a week since they approved my N-400 at the interview, don't have the oath letter yet. But then again it's LA office, some people told me it'll take somewhere between 2 weeks to a month for that letter.

Anyway I hope your congressman will get your problem solved. I'm sure they've been dealing with similar cases a LOT recently.

Looks like I'm done with my I751 for sure now. Just got the text message and checked my N-400 status, my oath ceremony has been scheduled.

Am I going to be the ONLY person in VJ's history to be having a "pending" I751 with an approved N-400 case?

I can't help but to giggle.

Edited by Steve D.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update... took my oath ceremony today so I guess the ROC is the past now.

I just checked my ROC status online, and it still says initial review.

Am I the only one in VJ where I have my oath with a pending ROC?

I am glad I'm done with USCIS.

To everybody else... good luck. You will need it.

Just an update... took my oath ceremony today so I guess the ROC is the past now.

Congratulations Steve D!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: You are now at the end of your journey!! How was the oath ceremony? How long did it last for? It is certainly unusual, i would think , to have an oath ceremony while ROC is still pending!!

By the way, i see that there are still around 5 people waiting for ROC approvals at VSC.. (Not sure if this is accurate or not)

Once again, Congrats Steve D!!!! :)

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Congratulations Steve D!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: You are now at the end of your journey!! How was the oath ceremony? How long did it last for? It is certainly unusual, i would think , to have an oath ceremony while ROC is still pending!!

By the way, i see that there are still around 5 people waiting for ROC approvals at VSC.. (Not sure if this is accurate or not)

Once again, Congrats Steve D!!!! :)

Thanks a lot :) Yeah I'm at the end of the line.

Here's a quick and dirty oath experience I posted: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/355462-n-400-filers-march-2012/page__view__findpost__p__5635081

Filed: Timeline

Congrats man, it must be a nice feeling to wash your hands of this and walk away :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.