AK2011

Will my Citizenship Interview be rescheduled??

4 posts in this topic

My 5th year on my GC is set on 25th July 2011.

I applied on N400 within the 90 day period.

My fingerprint was done on 26th Of May 2011.

Now the status got updated saying I will be mailed interview notice with the date.

My Questions are:

1. How long does it take the interview letter to arrive since the above mentioned status show on the website? (Location is Dallas, TX)

2. If the interview is scheduled before my 5th year anniversary, would they reschedule it then after that date? Or I may get the citizenship sooner than my 5th year anniversary? What actually are the different possibilities?

Please advise. Thank you very much in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

My 5th year on my GC is set on 25th July 2011.

I applied on N400 within the 90 day period.

My fingerprint was done on 26th Of May 2011.

Now the status got updated saying I will be mailed interview notice with the date.

My Questions are:

1. How long does it take the interview letter to arrive since the above mentioned status show on the website? (Location is Dallas, TX)

2. If the interview is scheduled before my 5th year anniversary, would they reschedule it then after that date? Or I may get the citizenship sooner than my 5th year anniversary? What actually are the different possibilities?

Please advise. Thank you very much in advance.

you may have your interview before your 5th year, but you won't have your Oath Ceremony until your 5th year has arrived.

Don't worry buddy. Relax as you are in really good shape.

I would suggest you to go to USCIS site and creae an account for yourself so you can track the status online (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp). I did that for myself and even for my parents. Their interview has been schedule within 2 months of their approval (I applied for them close to their 6th year).

Good luck....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.