Moonlight2011

Can i have my inetrview in an other country?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello Folks,

I was looking through the forum and didn't find any case like mine.

I prepared all my documents and my medical exam, called the embassy today to schedule an interview date, and the surprise: they say the Algiers US embassy is full no date available before October.:(

We were approved 29TH of April.

My questions are :

Can I have an interview in an other country??? what should i do or whats the process for that?

How we will the process because I guess my fiancé visa will expire in few months??

Are there people here that had the same experience? How did you handle this?

Thanks for all u`re help.

Moon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If there are no interviews available, the embassy will renew the application, it will not expire.

You can only interview in a country where you are legally resident. So you;d need to establish yourself in another country, not just fly there for a week for the interview. I would guess it would take longer than 4 months to gain legal residence, so waiting it, unfortunately, the only option you have.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

:blush:Okay. well my fear is that my fiance visa application will expire ( i understand that the NOA2 expire after 4 months..)...but if u say that the embassy is in charge to revewiew it..that will be fine for me(even if me and my faince we had plans for this summer..but ..:(..):wacko:

what kind of document we should request from the embassy to reneview the application if it expire??? can i do now things to prevent misunderstanding until October???

its annoying that there are no date available, but u are right i have no other residency in an other country and it takes also time to get an other one in Tunisia or other... grrr ....!

Thanks for ure answer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You don't need to file any documents; as the embassy is delaying the app, it will automatically renew for another 4 months if needed.

If your fiance is flexible, you could always call the embassy every month or so and see if there are any cancellation appointments available to move up your interview. Keep in mind that many beneficiaries from your country, especially Muslim males, will be in AP for months after the interview, so even if you manage to get the interview moved up to next month, that does not mean you will be together by summer.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.