5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have an interviewe date at the ANkara embassy for my husband and i was wondering if we had to send an email ahead of time so that i was allowed inside with him. I read some reviews where they are not alllowed in and others that they are , or with a notification. Does anyone know?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Every embassy is different and they do change their rules sometimes. First check at the Portal at the top of this page, and then send an email as well if it is not crystal clear. There are plenty of people here who have gone thru this embassy and I am sure they will respond as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have an interviewe date at the ANkara embassy for my husband and i was wondering if we had to send an email ahead of time so that i was allowed inside with him. I read some reviews where they are not alllowed in and others that they are , or with a notification. Does anyone know?

Hello,

My interview was in Ankara embassy too and we send them email before interview and ask if my Fiance can attend interview with me, they said that only benificiary can enter to the building.So for me they did not allow my fiance attend interview with me.

Good luck :)

I've seen in older posts from several years ago that you could send an email to the embassy ahead of time asking for permission and they would write back and give you permission. I tried doing that (my husband's interview was May 18) but they wrote back the very next day saying NO, absolutely not. Still, you can go to Ankara with your husband and wait for him outside the embassy. That's what I did, and when my husband told the consular officer I had come to Ankara with him for the embassy, the officer seemed favorably impressed. I think it will look good if you go with your husband to Ankara (it's a pleasant neighborhood and there are cafes where you can wait the two or three hours the interview will take), but in my experience they will absolutely not let you inside the embassy to attend the interview with him.

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Married: March 16, 2010
Sent I-130: March 31, 2010
NOA1: April 21, 2010
Check cashed: April 22, 2010
Touched: April 23, 2010
NOA2: October 2, 2010
DONE with USCIS

NVC Received: October 27, 2010
Received DS-3032/I-864 bill: October 30, 2010
Paid I-864 bill: November 3, 2010
I-864 bill shows as PAID: November 5, 2010
Receive I-864 package: ????
Return completed I-864: ????
Return completed DS-3032 (email): November 4, 2010
Return completed DS-3032 (mail mail): November 24, 2010
Receive IV bill: ????
Pay IV bill: ????

ENTERED US: August 17, 2011

Removal of Conditions

Mail package to California Service Center: ????

Receive NOA: ????

Biometrics appointment: ????

Conditions removed: ????

event.png

Good luck on your husband's upcoming interview...

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.