michellek1976

Aussie Advice Please!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

In anticipation of my NOA2 for I-129F I would like to gather documents together now required for Sydney.

Does anyone know what kind of police report I need to ask for? Can I ask for it in advance or do I have to wait for the embassy to tell me to get it?

Also, does anyone know which form is required for petitioner's financial records? I've seen references to I-134 and I-840 (or something). Does Sydney embassy demand anyone in particular?

Yes, I know I'm a fool for not DCF'ing, but I have a good feeling this week will be it! :) Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Michelle :luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A few places to look for answers.

About police reports, they are good for 6 months I would recommend getting them around the time of NOA2.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...A/Australia.htm

Visa application forms DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, and DS-158 Here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html

DS-156 should be filed out on line and then printed with the generated bar code.

Most consulates request I-134

A lot of questions can be answered here:

http://usembassy-australia.state.gov/consular/ivfaq.html#c

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

hi there

saw a post from you earliler today ..was going to email you and let you know there is an aussie thread in here...

there is alot of information you might like to read and most of us have got through the process without many hitches...

which state you from...im from melbourne... with the australian police checks they are valid for 12 months..and so is your medical...

if you need any other info just click on the link below to the link or email me and go into the embassey icon above looking forward to seeing you in the aussie thread...

take care

kathAUSSIE THREAD IN VJ

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

michelle, I have a document about police checks that i got from the consulate, I will try and PM it to you..

You'll need I-134 Affadavit of support (can be downloaded from the web) and the supporting evidence that is listed at the back of the form.

I hope your NOA2 will arrive soon, it's long overdue!

good luck!

In anticipation of my NOA2 for I-129F I would like to gather documents together now required for Sydney.

Does anyone know what kind of police report I need to ask for? Can I ask for it in advance or do I have to wait for the embassy to tell me to get it?

Also, does anyone know which form is required for petitioner's financial records? I've seen references to I-134 and I-840 (or something). Does Sydney embassy demand anyone in particular?

Yes, I know I'm a fool for not DCF'ing, but I have a good feeling this week will be it! :) Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Michelle :luv:

Michelle

You can get your police certificate in advance. Download and complete form P-799. Make an appointment with your local police station to have fingerprints taken and submit the form. They will then forward it across to Parramatta. The police certificate will then be issued to your home address within a couple of weeks.

P-799 Form for NSW Police - National Criminal History Record Check

List of Doctors for Medical I seen Dr Anthony Millar and he was a very sweet elderly gentleman.

Vaccinations needed

You will need I-134. As Kath says, have a read of the Aussie thread pinned above in this forum and you will find all your questions answered. You will need more then what the instructions state on the I-134 as the I-134 is only one thing that a conof may use to determine if the applicant will or wont become a public charge.

Hey not a fool for not DCF'ing.......I missed that boat too lol

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.