JieWei

Guangzhou administrative review

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiancée received a blue slip and white slip during her K-1 interview in Guangzhou. The blue slip requested further documents and the white slip gave the details on what documents were needed. They requested detailed resumes of both the petitioner and the applicant.

It appeared that they were satisfied that we had a bona fide relationship based on the type of questions that were asked by the VO. We were as prepared as anyone could possibly be going into the interview, so it is not a question of lacking documents. My income was not an issue either.

I contacted Marc Ellis to get his opinion on this matter. He said that normally they would not ask for the petitioner’s resume but do ask for the applicant's resume sometimes. We are not sure if it is truly the resumes they desire or if more time is needed to review something else.

My fiancée has a difficult time understanding this bureaucratic process of the US government trying to make the bean fit into the exact place.

My fiancée received a blue slip and white slip during her K-1 interview in Guangzhou. The blue slip requested further documents and the white slip gave the details on what documents were needed. They requested detailed resumes of both the petitioner and the applicant.

It appeared that they were satisfied that we had a bona fide relationship based on the type of questions that were asked by the VO. We were as prepared as anyone could possibly be going into the interview, so it is not a question of lacking documents. My income was not an issue either.

I contacted Marc Ellis to get his opinion on this matter. He said that normally they would not ask for the petitioner’s resume but do ask for the applicant's resume sometimes. We are not sure if it is truly the resumes they desire or if more time is needed to review something else.

My fiancée has a difficult time understanding this bureaucratic process of the US government trying to make the bean fit into the exact place.

This is just a guess, but maybe it has to do with the question about what is she going to do when she comes to the US, to perhaps demonstrate experience in the field where she would work. Not that it should matter since it seems that there is no issue with income and they should not care whether she works or not.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have another guess - she's some background in munitions factory, chemical treatment facility, or electrical power generation.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have another guess - she's some background in munitions factory, chemical treatment facility, or electrical power generation.

Your guess is correct, but not for the beneficiary. My fiancee is a high school teacher.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Your guess is correct, but not for the beneficiary. My fiancee is a high school teacher.

My wife was also required to turn in a detailed resume (even though she brought one with her). She has background in electrical engineering. This seems to be very common these days for people with technical backgrounds. Do you have an update on what the consulate did after it has received the resumes?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2010-11-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-12-06

I-130 RFE : N/A

I-130 RFE Sent : N/A

I-130 Approved : 2011-04-15

NVC Received CaseFile: 2011-04-28

NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2011-04-28

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-05-02

OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2011-05-01

OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2011-05-02

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-05-03

I-864 Bill marked as PAID: 2011-05-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-05-04

AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2011-05-04

Receive IV Bill : 2011-05-13

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-13

IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-05-14

IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-05-14

IV email packet sent: 2011-05-19

NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-06-07

'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-06-07

Interview Date received in Email: 2011-06-12

Interview Date: 2011-07-06

Interview Result: Blue Slip -> Requesting a more detailed resume

Blue Slip Completed: 2011-07-14

Administrative Processing: 2011-07-17

Call-in Letter: 2011-08-13

Visa received:

Arrived at POE:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.