Ran4jenny

VSC K1 Filers that have Filipina Fiancee

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Once again starting a thread with people I can relate to and come together with any information to help one another through the visa process and also make new friends for once they are here

• 1 month later...

Hey, I checked your timeline and I see that you're just starting the process. Well, sit back, relax and make skype your best friend. Luckily VSC seems to be moving pretty quickly lately.

Good luck on your journey. :thumbs:

And beware the sputum test.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome you 2, I created the other May filer thread, but it is so many people and no one respond to me so I decided it would be nice to have one just for Filers going thru Manila. We can all relate because our embassy is that same with same rules and they don't process ours quite and the same pace and CSC at all and even other countries within VSC.

Are you going through that Sputum Test BJ? I keep hearing that name but don't know what it is.

Dex, yes this is a nice site and the wait is truly a journey, but even when time is moving slow it still is moving :)

Welcome you 2, I created the other May filer thread, but it is so many people and no one respond to me so I decided it would be nice to have one just for Filers going thru Manila. We can all relate because our embassy is that same with same rules and they don't process ours quite and the same pace and CSC at all and even other countries within VSC.

Are you going through that Sputum Test BJ? I keep hearing that name but don't know what it is.

Dex, yes this is a nice site and the wait is truly a journey, but even when time is moving slow it still is moving :)

Sputum test..... At the medical exam, I guess there's an X-ray done and they will see who knows what and decide it will be fun to postpone all your plans for an extra 2 months. It happens to a lot of us. We just won the sputum lottery so... instead of her being here in July, we're looking at her being here in September or October. But it's all good; we're used to waiting and this delay isn't going to bring us down.

:thumbs:

Sputum test..... At the medical exam, I guess there's an X-ray done and they will see who knows what and decide it will be fun to postpone all your plans for an extra 2 months. It happens to a lot of us. We just won the sputum lottery so... instead of her being here in July, we're looking at her being here in September or October. But it's all good; we're used to waiting and this delay isn't going to bring us down.

:thumbs:

does the test require additional fee?

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

does the test require additional fee?

it's all included with the medical exam fee.

Except there are additional expenses, like we had to pay for another week in Manila for the test, which means more plane tickets and hotel fees. Then I think she'll have to go back in 8 weeks for results, so another flight and another hotel bill.

But what's kind of cool is that her and her mom are getting to spend a week in Manila right now. So, even though she and I are apart longer; it's giving her some really good memories with her mom before she comes here..... just trying to look at the bright side.

Stupid sputum test. :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Once again starting a thread with people I can relate to and come together with any information to help one another through the visa process and also make new friends for once they are here

Hello sis, Dont worry as long as you sent complete 129F package your application will be approved without delayed due to RFE. B_J is right, you enjoy the journey and be with skype,ym often it will be your additional proof of on going relationship that you'll be needing on your interview at the USEm :) Goodluck! I hope you'll have a smooth Visa Journey!

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Good idea for thread. [b_J: sorry about the sputum test (did you ever find out if there was secret handshake for the sputum test club, JIC we need to know? :) )].

I agree with B_J; keep looking at the positives, seeing the glass haf full, and using the wait time well and in constructive ways. Every day I keep telling myself that, no matter how long the waiting will be, each day that has passed means that I and Inday are now one more day closer!** Thinking this way, I can count even each passing day as "a win."

Continuing good luck to you and all else on this visa journey!

--RK

**(closer to completing each step in this process and, importantly, being together without long separations of disance and time.)

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.