Ran4jenny

Are there any Filipino's in Maryland?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am guess I am an hour away - 20147 zip code :thumbs: Maybe we can all get together from time to time ? Wine tasting event, horseback riding, food tasting, ect, ect.

VA/DC/MD so many things to do.

I go to wof also, what's ur name there. Yes she has been here since November, maybe you can meet :)

Hi Randy & Jenny,

Thanks for the add. Yes, there are Filipinos in MD, (I included), lol! I haven't been in VJ for so long since I came here in 2006. Mostly, I visit www.theworldoffilipinas.com which is more localized, although I still come in VJ but very rare.

Your wife is already here, right? I can see you are from Owings Mills? I am in Sykesville, so you are close to us. It's good to know there are Filipinas close by. It seems I can't find one close to my neighbors here.

Anyway, I and my husband will be vacationing in the Phils. in March 10. Say hi from me to your wife!

I will say hi, yes she has been here since November

How did you like Mindanao? She is from Surigao del Sur? I love Mindanao, I really do. Espiecally the whole Butaan, CDO, Davao Areas. My fiance is from Compostela Valley. Sorry I am not from MD though, NC here. But I am looking at job oppurtunities up there. But yes I started looking around for Filipinos in the area, and it is hard on the East Coast unless you are near Norfolk. Because most of them are in Western part of the US.

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

It so happen I came across with this thread :) I am a filipina and I just came here (US) last March, got married last May, and I am also looking to see if there are couples (filipina and husband) around my area that my husband and I could do things with or just be friends with. We live in Dundalk, MD it's just minutes away from Baltimore, MD so I hope we can meet up sometime guys. It gets lonely sometimes without friends you can hang out with and we Filipino seems to be so used having friends and family around us so I think meeting people and meeting friends in this (new)place will help us from not getting homesick...I am 32 and my husband is 33 yrs old BTW...

thanks...

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.