Brandon&Re

Interview and medical exam questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Me and my fiancée applied for a K1 Visa and I have a few questions regarding the Medical Interview. She lives in Brazil and I don't know if there are any specific medical tests and shots for Brazil. I would like to know what are the required medical exams for the doctor appointment and what are all the required shots. Can my fiancée start all the exams such as pap, x rays, blood test and take them to the visa certified doctor or does she need him to ask for the exams in order to do them? Is it possible to start all of them prior to the certified visa doctor appointment and just take the results with her? If it is, how long are the exams valid for?

We applied for the visa April 19 and She has a medical appointment next Friday, we would like to know if its possible because if so, she may ask the doctor to require everything so she can get everything ready for the future medical visa interview.

Thanks,

Brandon

Edited by bshega

Timeline:
12/13/2008: First time meeting.
11/15/2010: First started talking.
02/23/2011: First time meeting in person <3.
03/13/2011: Got engaged!
04/15/2011: I-129F package mailed.
04/19/2011: NOA1 Received.
04/23/2011: Touched.
07/12/2011: NOA2 Received.
10/18/2011: Interview in Rio de Janeiro!!!!!
11/05/2011: Arrived in the US.
12/10/2011: Married <3.

03/08/2014: AOS Packet mailed.

03/17/2014: I-485 NOA1 Received.

04/14/2014: Biometrics Appointment.

07/03/2014: I-765 Approved!

07/09/2014: AOS Approved with no Interview!!

09/14/2020: N-400 Filed.

01/07/2021: Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Me and my fiancée applied for a K1 Visa and I have a few questions regarding the Medical Interview. She lives in Brazil and I don't know if there are any specific medical tests and shots for Brazil. I would like to know what are the required medical exams for the doctor appointment and what are all the required shots. Can my fiancée start all the exams such as pap, x rays, blood test and take them to the visa certified doctor or does she need him to ask for the exams in order to do them? Is it possible to start all of them prior to the certified visa doctor appointment and just take the results with her? If it is, how long are the exams valid for?

We applied for the visa April 19 and She has a medical appointment next Friday, we would like to know if its possible because if so, she may ask the doctor to require everything so she can get everything ready for the future medical visa interview.

Thanks,

Brandon

Only a medical examiner who has been certified by Department of State as a "panel physician" can perform an immigration medical exam. The available panel physicians in your fiancee's country will be listed on the instructions she receives from the consulate. There will usually be only one or two medical facilities that are certified to perform the exam. She can get any specific tests performed in advance, if she wishes to do so to satisfy herself that she'll pass the immigration medical. However, the panel physician will usually not accept the results of any test they didn't perform themselves.

The vaccinations can usually be obtained in advance, as long as the panel physician accepts her vaccination records.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Only a medical examiner who has been certified by Department of State as a "panel physician" can perform an immigration medical exam. The available panel physicians in your fiancee's country will be listed on the instructions she receives from the consulate. There will usually be only one or two medical facilities that are certified to perform the exam. She can get any specific tests performed in advance, if she wishes to do so to satisfy herself that she'll pass the immigration medical. However, the panel physician will usually not accept the results of any test they didn't perform themselves.

The vaccinations can usually be obtained in advance, as long as the panel physician accepts her vaccination records.

Thank you so much for all the info, this is a huge help!

Timeline:
12/13/2008: First time meeting.
11/15/2010: First started talking.
02/23/2011: First time meeting in person <3.
03/13/2011: Got engaged!
04/15/2011: I-129F package mailed.
04/19/2011: NOA1 Received.
04/23/2011: Touched.
07/12/2011: NOA2 Received.
10/18/2011: Interview in Rio de Janeiro!!!!!
11/05/2011: Arrived in the US.
12/10/2011: Married <3.

03/08/2014: AOS Packet mailed.

03/17/2014: I-485 NOA1 Received.

04/14/2014: Biometrics Appointment.

07/03/2014: I-765 Approved!

07/09/2014: AOS Approved with no Interview!!

09/14/2020: N-400 Filed.

01/07/2021: Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Brandon

Look in the portal section which should directly link you to the Brazil home page. There is medical information there as well as the link below. Good luck

http://brazil.usembassy.gov/interview.html

Wally & Malena

Our TimeLine

08/04/2010 In Love and starting the process

10/21/2010 My first trip to Brazil, Wonderful time

11/15/2010 Sent application for K1

11/22/2010 Application received Vermont Service Center

11/24/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil. Just cannot stay away for too long

12/01/2010 Recieved NOA1 The countdown begins

12/30/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil--Spending New Years Eve with my baby :)

05/09/2011 Received NOA2

05/12/2011 NOA2 Hardcopy received

05/17/2011 NVC Received file

05/19/2011 Consulate Received

06/14/2011 Interview-----APPROVED

06/22/2011 POE Aruba, on the way to Washington DC

as1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA.gif

http://www.ticker.7910.org/dtas1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Look in the portal section which should directly link you to the Brazil home page. There is medical information there as well as the link below. Good luck

http://brazil.usembassy.gov/interview.html

:whistle::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi! I contacted the US Embassy in Rio before and they said that the medical examination as well the police certificates are valid for 1 year, it doesn't matter if on the police certificates it says it is only valid for 90 days, it is valid during 1 year for the embassy purposes. You can take a look at this link to check on the certified embassy doctors: http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/pdfs/InstrExmMedMarco2010.pdf

You can contact the doctor to see what shots they require (changes depending on her age, where she lives and so), she is also gonna have to get a blood test from a certain lab or at the doctor's appointment and as well a lungs X-ray.

* Love conquers all *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.