jac_chappin

10 Year residency proof

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

means you gather all 10 years worth of proof that you reside in United States

I had to go to all my school to grab that information.

Cardin

07/2001 .............Met Huong when she's 14

01/23/10 ............Re-Met through Family, spoke on Skype.

Visa Journey

CR-1 Visa Journey

10/20/10 ............VN w/ Dad & Son

11/05/10 ............Married

01/25/11 ............I-130 sent (Chicago Lockbox)

01/27/11 ............I-130 delivered

01/27/11.............NOA1

03/07/11.............Touched

03/08/11 ............Back in US for Federal 2011 Taxes

03/26/11 ............Ultrasound - BABY BOY

05/24/11 ............Request for Evidence (E-Notice/Online Verified)

05/26/11 ............RFE Rec & Sent - Wanted 2 Copy Certified Divorce Decree

06/06/11 ............NOA2 Online - NVC Here I come

06/11/11 ............NOA2 in Hand

National Visa Center

06/16/11 ........... Wife mail DS230 Part 1 Signed to US address

-- including passport photos, her passport, police certificate

-- plus 3 certified copies of each.

06/24/11 ........... NVC Case # Assigned (Phone Check)

-- Choice of Agent selection via mailing DS-3032

07/18/11 ........... Mailed IV & i-864

07/20/11 ........... Package IV & i-864 NVC recived

08/11/11 ........... Case Completed

Consulate Journey

08/19/11 ........... NVC E-Mail Interview Set

for 9/23/2011

08/30/11 - New born baby.

09/05/11 - Report Birth Abroad

10/03/11 - Nguyen Thanh Phu passport received in hand.

10/17/11 - Interview reschedule 11/14/11

11/14/11 - Rescheduled Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

means you gather all 10 years worth of proof that you reside in United States

I had to go to all my school to grab that information.

Cardin

Its something pretty specific to HCMC/VN... They usually ask for a document from you or your SO showing where you have lived for the past 10 years and with whome.. the dates. addresses phone numbers .. etc...

example

dates address Ph# others residing there concurrent dates of residency

1997 - present ----- 123 mypast ave.. utica NY.... Ph# ------------- jim Doe 97-99

1980-1997 you get the idea...

include a utility bill from the recent residence as well as any that may exist from previous ones.. most recent is the most important when it comes to documenting it with a utility bill...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Thank you very much for your replies!

You have not had the interview yet so when did they ask for 10 year residency document?:blink:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

thats old. How in the word would you gather 10 years worth of residency from the last 10 years. From what I understand it ask for 5 years residency for new born's that you live in US....atleast thats from my undertanding. Dont know why would they ask for 10 years residency in your case.

07/2001 .............Met Huong when she's 14

01/23/10 ............Re-Met through Family, spoke on Skype.

Visa Journey

CR-1 Visa Journey

10/20/10 ............VN w/ Dad & Son

11/05/10 ............Married

01/25/11 ............I-130 sent (Chicago Lockbox)

01/27/11 ............I-130 delivered

01/27/11.............NOA1

03/07/11.............Touched

03/08/11 ............Back in US for Federal 2011 Taxes

03/26/11 ............Ultrasound - BABY BOY

05/24/11 ............Request for Evidence (E-Notice/Online Verified)

05/26/11 ............RFE Rec & Sent - Wanted 2 Copy Certified Divorce Decree

06/06/11 ............NOA2 Online - NVC Here I come

06/11/11 ............NOA2 in Hand

National Visa Center

06/16/11 ........... Wife mail DS230 Part 1 Signed to US address

-- including passport photos, her passport, police certificate

-- plus 3 certified copies of each.

06/24/11 ........... NVC Case # Assigned (Phone Check)

-- Choice of Agent selection via mailing DS-3032

07/18/11 ........... Mailed IV & i-864

07/20/11 ........... Package IV & i-864 NVC recived

08/11/11 ........... Case Completed

Consulate Journey

08/19/11 ........... NVC E-Mail Interview Set

for 9/23/2011

08/30/11 - New born baby.

09/05/11 - Report Birth Abroad

10/03/11 - Nguyen Thanh Phu passport received in hand.

10/17/11 - Interview reschedule 11/14/11

11/14/11 - Rescheduled Interview

Timeline

It is fairly common in HCMC... look at the interview list that is pinned in the VN regional and you will see how common.. first post on that pinned topic.. They want to see where you have lived and with who...

Timeline

moving from K1 progress to VN regional..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

My fiancee hasn't had the interview but I read somewhere that in HCMC they sometimes ask for it.

Nevertheless, I found old utility bills/rent payments for the last 10 years and will give to my fiancee so she's prepared.

Timeline

If I'm not mistaken they dont actually ask for proof but just a notarized document that states your residency in the last 10 years.

Exactly, The only time they really are looking for documentation of the residence is when there is a recent ex involved in the mix and they want some proof that the ex is living elsewhere... IMO I would include a recent utility bill to support the information provided... no need to make things more difficult than they already are..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

thats old. How in the word would you gather 10 years worth of residency from the last 10 years. From what I understand it ask for 5 years residency for new born's that you live in US....atleast thats from my undertanding. Dont know why would they ask for 10 years residency in your case.

Submit your 10 years of Federal tax return which will also show your address and that should help you.

Thanks

Rob

Timeline

Submit your 10 years of Federal tax return which will also show your address and that should help you.

Thanks

Rob

That wont show who lived there during those times... Thats not what the HCMC has asked for in the past...

Filed: Timeline

Hi! Does anyone know what the Consulate means when they said we need 10 year residency? What kind of proof are they looking for? I've seen this several times.

Thanks much!

They wanna know which hospitals you've been working to satisfy your residency requirement before graduating your med school. You should include a detail list of past hospitals you residented. It wouldn't hurt to go back to each hospital and request a written residency verification from the floor supervisor there.

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.