one...two...tree

WikiLeaks: Saudis often warned U.S. about oil speculators

31 posts in this topic

aren't you the independently wealthy one ?

the one who makes money the old fashioned way ... inherited .. :P

I haven't inherited even 1$. :no:

Nor was I ever given any $. :no:

Anything / everything I have, came from my own effort. :yes:

I am very happy 'bout that. :star:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I haven't inherited even 1$. :no:

Nor was I ever given any $. :no:

Anything / everything I have, came from my own effort. :yes:

I am very happy 'bout that. :star:

oh well ... maybe the inheritance was the priceless good looks and smarts .... :unsure:

congrats for standing on your own :thumbs:

It's not. But we're all very curious.

Hmmmm. :unsure: OK.

Thank you for the interest. :blush:

but, The details of my life are quite inconsequential. :hehe:

Edited by Vi-Jay

oh well ... maybe the inheritance was the priceless good looks and smarts .... :unsure:

congrats for standing on your own :thumbs:

Arigatou gozaimasu. :star: (Thank you very much) :star:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Oil should be fixed at $18 a barrel

Ah, so you'd like government to come in and regulate prices in the market place, is that it?

And here I thought you were a believer in the unfettered laissez faire free market.

I don't understand why it is pertinent. :unsure:

I haven't asked any VJ memeber that question. :no:

I think that question is somewhat / perhaps discriminatory. :yes:

Is this the internet or the local Rotary? :)

Please..Why is it pertinent? :unsure:

For the record, you did ask me a personal question, namely am I Jewish. Which I answered for you.

I don't think you're a troll, or even obnoxious. But I do find your smiley-infested posting style kind of weird. Each unto his own, I suppose.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Ah, so you'd like government to come in and regulate prices in the market place, is that it?

And here I thought you were a believer in the unfettered laissez faire free market.

I'm still figuring out where I stand politically! I think I am in the "don't give a sh!t party"

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

For the record, you did ask me a personal question, namely am I Jewish. Which I answered for you.

Good point and duly noted. :thumbs:

I apologize for my hypocrisy and I will not ask such questions in the future. :no:

I enjoy more than one aspect of this forum but, the anonymity aspect is one of my faves. :star:

Too often people discriminate or form preconceived notions that narrow receptiveness to anothers thinking. :wacko:

I don't think you're a troll, or even obnoxious. But I do find your smiley-infested posting style kind of weird. Each unto his own, I suppose.

Thank you for the affirmation and your open mind. :star:

I am not a "troll". :no: I genuinely enjoy the articles and discussion found in this P&R forum. :yes:

Obnoxious? :unsure: Who said anything about "obnoxious"? :lol:

Sometimes "obnoxious" garners a persons attention. :yes: I think Dude and FD are often obnoxious but I also find them to wield it in a humorous way. :star:

I use the "smiley's" as symbols of emphasis. :star:

Timeline

I use the "smiley's" as symbols of emphasis. :star:

Me too. But I prefer to emphasize the occasional witticism with an emot, rather than every single sentence I write ;)

That helps the emphasis stand out rather than blend in. No biggie.

I'm still figuring out where I stand politically! I think I am in the "don't give a sh!t party"

Welcome to the DGAS party! :star:

It's a freestyle mentality. :yes: Similar to the discipline of Kung Fu. :yes: Allows one to react and excell to all circumstances. :star:

Can you answer the question of what line of work you do? Medical? Law? Computers? Business? Stay-at-home dad? Retired? Just give a clue :whistle:

OK. After reflecting on Scandal's remarks, I will "give a clue" as an act of penance. :innocent:

I am an entreprenuer and a VC. :)

Will not "retire" 'cause it's a lifestyle, not a job. :yes:

Is that sufficient? :huh:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Timeline

OK. After reflecting on Scandal's remarks, I will "give a clue" as an act of penance. :innocent:

I am an entreprenuer and a VC. :)

Will not "retire" 'cause it's a lifestyle, not a job. :yes:

Is that sufficient? :huh:

You 'are' a VC?

I've never heard of a person being a VC.

I've heard of individuals being angel investors, or 'friends&family' early stage investors. And of course people work for VCs, advise VCs, invest in VCs. But I've never heard of a person being a VC.

You 'are' a VC?

I've never heard of a person being a VC.

I've heard of individuals being angel investors, or 'friends&family' early stage investors. And of course people work for VCs, advise VCs, invest in VCs. But I've never heard of a person being a VC.

Let me help;

Venture Capitalist

Definition:

A venture capitalist is a person who invests in a business venture, providing capital for start-up or expansion. Venture capitalists are looking for a higher rate of return than would be given by more traditional investments.

Generally, venture capitalists are looking for returns of 25 percent and up.

What's the difference between a venture capitalist and an angel investor?

A venture capitalist is a professional investor. He or she manages a fund and is looking for suitable investments for that fund. An angel investor is an individual who, while also looking for a suitable investment, is also looking for a personal opportunity.

In other words, the venture capitalist may have no business experience applicable to the industry your company is involved in, and is focused on the potential rate of return your company can provide. An angel investor often has business experience relevant to your company and is interested in adding value to your company, as well as making a return on his or her investment.

I wasn't asked what role I play. I was asked what line of work.

(notice I kept out the smiley's? Some people around here are very quick to criticize another. Very contradictory behavior for such an open minded progressive crowd.)