TheFantastics09

For the interview...

11 posts in this topic

Hey there,

I am just going through everything that I should bring to the interview and I am a little confused as to why a number of the members here are bringing evidence of their relationship (eg. pictures). On the Packet 4 checklist for K-1, I did not see where I am supposed to bring any of that info so I am wondering if I should be bringing things like that.

Thank-you! :)

Edited by TheFantastics09

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

not sure if anything has changed since our interview back in fall of 2010, but they ask for "proof of ongoing fiance(e) relationship." while the strongest evidence is likely things on paper (ie, boarding passes on same flight sitting next to each other, proof of visiting each other in terms of receipts, engagement ring receipt/insurance paperwork, etc etc, boarding passes on flights to see each other, etc.), some photos (especially with family members) may be helpful. we took a few photos with family members and from previous trips, but were not asked for any of the proof of ongoing relationship!

it ends up being a lot of paperwork for the K1 interview! good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey there,

I am just going through everything that I should bring to the interview and I am a little confused as to why a number of the members here are bringing evidence of their relationship (eg. pictures). On the Packet 4 checklist for K-1, I did not see where I am supposed to bring any of that info so I am wondering if I should be bringing things like that.

Thank-you! :)

Hmmmm, interesting. I had always heard that you need proof of your continued relationship after applying for the K1 visa. Phone bills, emails, passport stamps, etc. The same info you needed for the K1 app, only this info has to be dated for after the K1 app was filed. Hope this helps!

December 2nd, 2011 - AOS Packet sent

December 8th, 2011 - Received electronic NOA1

January 3rd, 2012 - Received notification that case has been transferred to CSC

January 4th, 2012 - Biometrics

February 11th, 2012 - Employment Authorization Card received

February 25th, 2012 - Social Security Card received

August 24th, 2012 - Green Card Received

August, 2014 - I-751 sent

August 2014 (two weeks later) - NOA1 Received

March 2015 - RFE Received

May 2015 - RFE Packet Sent

July 28th - Letter received for interview

August 13th - Interview (GC Pending)

The day of your interview

Please bring to your interview the original and one copy of each of the following documents (as applicable), for each applicant:

The appointment letter showing the date and time of your interview

Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you plan to enter the United States

Birth certificate

Adoptions decree (s)

Marriage certificate (s)

Death and/or divorce certificate(s)

Police certificates from each country in which the applicant has resided for one year or longer. The certificate(s) must be issued within one year of the date of the visa appointment. NOTE: An applicant must present a police certificate from his/her country of current residence and country of nationality, if residence in such country exceeds 6 months

Court records

Military records

Evidence of domicile in the United States

Job offer letter (for employment-based visas)

Affidavit of support

Evidence of support

Medical examination

Two photographs (in color)

For K visa applicants, a letter of intent to marry signed by the petitioner within 30 days of interview date

Other than the medical info, that is all that is listed. :/

UJaZm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i guess they got rid of the "proof of ongoing relationship" that used to be on that list. i remember the lists between the website (where you book your interview) and the checklist on pkt 3 differed slightly.

it looks like if it is not on any list, you don't need photos or proof of ongoing relationship.

better to be overprepared rather than underprepared however, was my rationale for this entire process!!

i guess they got rid of the "proof of ongoing relationship" that used to be on that list. i remember the lists between the website (where you book your interview) and the checklist on pkt 3 differed slightly.

it looks like if it is not on any list, you don't need photos or proof of ongoing relationship.

better to be overprepared rather than underprepared however, was my rationale for this entire process!!

I am leaning towards that same rationale! Lol :)

UJaZm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Bring anything and everything possible, even if not requested. You will be grateful you did later! You never know what they will ask when there and I'd rather have everything than to be placed on hold until later. We had tons of evidence and during our interview and it was more than sufficent to have visa granted same day although I think they initially wanted to deny. The CO even asked my wife how she knew to bring all of this evidence and she replied my husband.

VJ prepared me for anything and everything. Thanks to everyone's great insight and info!

Bring anything and everything possible, even if not requested. You will be grateful you did later! You never know what they will ask when there and I'd rather have everything than to be placed on hold until later. We had tons of evidence and during our interview and it was more than sufficent to have visa granted same day although I think they initially wanted to deny. The CO even asked my wife how she knew to bring all of this evidence and she replied my husband.

VJ prepared me for anything and everything. Thanks to everyone's great insight and info!

This is definitely one awesome site! Glad everything worked well for you and your family! :)

UJaZm4.png

I agree, it's best to bring any evidence that you have. I rarely hear of Montreal asking to see any of it, though!

So to get an idea of what we should bring, how many pictures, email chats etc. should I photocopy, or would the originals be ok?

UJaZm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I brought 25 photos from diff times we were together.

Brought a bunch of print outs of emails and chats and phone records.

Brought original cards and mailers and letters we sent to each other.

They didn't ask to see anything. It was on the list to bring proof tho back in 2009.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.