yankeesfan

online payment of ds 230 problem

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i paid for the AOS, and recieved a bill for the ds 230 yesterday on my email. But on the electronic payment system there is no check box for making a payment on the ds 230. called up nvc and they said it could be a glitch and wait on it a day, i am also using internet explorer so that outta the question. NVC also said that i can mail the payment which is a slower method but he said i can mail the ds 230 in at the same time using the bar coded cover sheet of the AOS, so my question is is this true??, wont a new bar coded sheet be generated when i pay the package 4 bill?. if not i may opt for this way cuz it looks like the system is glitched up or something.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i paid for the AOS, and recieved a bill for the ds 230 yesterday on my email. But on the electronic payment system there is no check box for making a payment on the ds 230. called up nvc and they said it could be a glitch and wait on it a day, i am also using internet explorer so that outta the question. NVC also said that i can mail the payment which is a slower method but he said i can mail the ds 230 in at the same time using the bar coded cover sheet of the AOS, so my question is is this true??, wont a new bar coded sheet be generated when i pay the package 4 bill?. if not i may opt for this way cuz it looks like the system is glitched up or something.

I have the same issue and was told to give it 5 days or just mail in a money order. My invoice was emailed yesterday but still no checkbox on the IV bill has appeared. Another poster said it took 3 business days to appear so im giving it till thursday, if nothing then i shall just mail in payment.

Let me know what you hear about the DS-230 using the same cover sheet as AOS, that would sure shave off some time

Edited by britishspouse

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

Same problem here, NVC also told me to use the same cover sheet of the AOS to mail the DS230 because they both go to the same address. :blink:

USCIS
October 14, 2010: Married
November 22, 2010: I-130 sent
November 28, 2010: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
December 10, 2010: NOA-1 Email from Vermont Center
December10, 2010: I-130 Check Cleared
December 15, 2010: NOA-1 HARDCOPY -* I-1797C ***Notice Of Action
April 18, 2011: NOA-2 approval notification e-mail
NVC
April 19, 2011: NOA-2 HARDCOPY -* I-1797C ***Notice Of Action
April 29, 2011: NVC case # received = SDOXXXXXXXXX
May 02, 2011: Invoice Identification Number is =XXXXXXXX
May 4, 2011: AOS-Fee bills arrive------Fee: $88.00
May 06, 2011: NVC processes fee bill payments-PAID
May 06, 2011:Complete AOS packages sent to NVC - EXPRESS MAIL
May 07, 2011: AOS arrive from NVC
May 23, 2011: IV-Fee bills arrive------Fee: $404.00
May 25, 2011:Completed DS-230 packages sent to NVC
July 7, 2011: Case Complete
US Embassy in Santo Domingo, RD

August 04, 2011: INTERVIEW
July 04, 2011: Case arrives at Consulate
July 06, 2011: Medical Exam
August 03, 2011: Pick-UP__Medical Result
August 04, 2011: Approve

May 20, 2013: I-751

05/17/2013 - (Day 00)- I-751 Package Sent

05/20/2013 - (Day 03)- I-751 Package Delivered

05/25/2013 - (Day 05)- Check cleared

05/27/2013 - (Day 07)- NOA1 Arrived (receipt date 05/24/2013)

06/27/2013 - (Day 37)- Biometric Appointment Date for 06/27/2013 (receipt date 05/27/2013)

08/23/2013 - (Day 98)- Approve

Timeline

I have the same issue and was told to give it 5 days or just mail in a money order. My invoice was emailed yesterday but still no checkbox on the IV bill has appeared. Another poster said it took 3 business days to appear so im giving it till thursday, if nothing then i shall just mail in payment.

Let me know what you hear about the DS-230 using the same cover sheet as AOS, that would sure shave off some time

yea definatly i will. i hope it works.

Timeline

yea definatly i will. i hope it works.

Im going to give them a call now too, and see if they offer me the same advice, and just re-print the AOS receipt page to mail with the DS-230 stuff

Timeline

Im going to give them a call now too, and see if they offer me the same advice, and just re-print the AOS receipt page to mail with the DS-230 stuff

Yep I just got off the phone with NVC and they said that is fine. The cover sheet/receipt page will be the same so you can go ahead and send everything in and then just pay the bill when it becomes available :)

awesome!!!!

Timeline

Yep I just got off the phone with NVC and they said that is fine. The cover sheet/receipt page will be the same so you can go ahead and send everything in and then just pay the bill when it becomes available :)

awesome!!!!

cool yea i did the same, but the lady i spoke to said to wait until the bill gets accepted or else there may be a delay in processing so i dunno what to do :S. cuz i can use the alternative method of mailing it but she said it takes about 10 to 15 days to be accepted, so i want to know if there is anyone else that has experience with this method of sending the payment, and also if i mail in the ds-230, befor payment acceptance, i don't want to have any delays.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I am having the same problem as well. I spoke to two operators (the first told me to call back after 24 hours if things didn't change) and they told me that there is nothing they can do.

I found a somewhat related thread from March here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/298555-k-3-spouse-visa-unable-to-pay-the-ivimmigrant-visa-processing-feesfees-on-line/

The last poster indicated that their online payment worked after they had submitted the IV payment via USPS.

I like the idea about sending off the DS-230 with the AOS cover sheet. Just wondering though, what happens in the event you send in your IV packet and the bill does not become available to pay online, or the transaction does not clear before the package arrives to NH?

Timeline

yea im going to prob take a chance and send it in anyways, i hope there are no delays, cuz i have all the stuff for the 230 ready just waiting on the bill.

I am having the same problem as well. I spoke to two operators (the first told me to call back after 24 hours if things didn't change) and they told me that there is nothing they can do.

I found a somewhat related thread from March here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/298555-k-3-spouse-visa-unable-to-pay-the-ivimmigrant-visa-processing-feesfees-on-line/

The last poster indicated that their online payment worked after they had submitted the IV payment via USPS.

I like the idea about sending off the DS-230 with the AOS cover sheet. Just wondering though, what happens in the event you send in your IV packet and the bill does not become available to pay online, or the transaction does not clear before the package arrives to NH?

yea thats what the operator told me that, this can result in processing delays, so im scared now lol. but im gonna take a chance and send it. hope it works, i hope the bill gets generated tommorow,lol.

Timeline

cool yea i did the same, but the lady i spoke to said to wait until the bill gets accepted or else there may be a delay in processing so i dunno what to do :S. cuz i can use the alternative method of mailing it but she said it takes about 10 to 15 days to be accepted, so i want to know if there is anyone else that has experience with this method of sending the payment, and also if i mail in the ds-230, before payment acceptance, i don't want to have any delays.

Im guessing the only delay will be that they cannot start processing the ds-230 until the IV bill is paid. The operater I spoke with assured me it was OK, so im going to get my packet ready to send, then right before I send it Im going to call one more time and see if they tell me the same thing.

Not that it might matter, but I might attach a post it note with the operators name I spoke with, informing them he/she told me I could send in the documents then just pay the bill when it appears.

Timeline

Im guessing the only delay will be that they cannot start processing the ds-230 until the IV bill is paid. The operater I spoke with assured me it was OK, so im going to get my packet ready to send, then right before I send it Im going to call one more time and see if they tell me the same thing.

Not that it might matter, but I might attach a post it note with the operators name I spoke with, informing them he/she told me I could send in the documents then just pay the bill when it appears.

lol, yea that sounds like a good idea.

so it looks like all of us are going to do the same thing, i really hope it works lol.

Timeline

so it looks like all of us are going to do the same thing, i really hope it works lol.

Haha me too, I dont want to bite myself in the butt and CAUSE delay, but I also dont want to hang about if there is no need to. Did the operator give you an idea of the amount of time/delay it could cause?

Im hoping it wouldn't/shouldn't be a long delay. With it being memorial day weekend this weekend the post service may be busy so hopefully by the time the docs get there, the bill will be paid and whatnot lol :P

Timeline

Haha me too, I dont want to bite myself in the butt and CAUSE delay, but I also dont want to hang about if there is no need to. Did the operator give you an idea of the amount of time/delay it could cause?

Im hoping it wouldn't/shouldn't be a long delay. With it being memorial day weekend this weekend the post service may be busy so hopefully by the time the docs get there, the bill will be paid and whatnot lol :P

lol yea true, na she didn't give me a time for the delay, she just said their could be a delay.

Timeline

My online payment screen initially showed $440 unpaid for the IV bill, now it shows nothing except the $88 I paid for the AOS, is that what you're all experiencing as well?

no mine actually didn't show anything, like it says there is no bill. even though the bill was emailed to me for the ds-230. the ds-230 payment area is in bold like you can pay it but no check box is there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.