8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey guys! two questions:

1. when filing the initial petition, they require proof of citizenship. I was a naturalized citizenship through my dad and i have my copy of naturalization certificate. Do i need just my copy of the certificate and send it in, or do I also need to have both me and my dad's copy of naturalization certificate and send it in?

2. for the proof of having met last two years, i only have photos with no dates printed on the photos and boarding pass that i actually went to my fiancee's country last year along with passport stamps. do you think that is enough evidence of having been met? If i include passport stamps as evidence, do i need to print out only the pages indicating that year of entry (including the visa and information page) or every pages in my passport?

Edited by kenh86

Include all pages of you passport. Having your boarding pass as addtional primary evidence a big plus and having photos good for showing you guys together actually physically have met in person. I too didn't have any dates on the back of my photos I just wrote the names of the people in the photos, the place and date. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Also, your naturalization certificate and passport are both proof of Citizenship. Other evidence if you have it could be good like receipts, possible hotel itinerary with both of your names on it, and even pics with you your fiance and her mother or father.

In general you want to make your evidence read like a good story and with no red flags in sight.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

Include all pages of you passport. Having your boarding pass as addtional primary evidence a big plus and having photos good for showing you guys together actually physically have met in person. I too didn't have any dates on the back of my photos I just wrote the names of the people in the photos, the place and date. :thumbs: :thumbs:

so you wrote the date on front of the photo or the back? that would sort of mess up the picture if it was in the front. I have this program call "timetophoto" and actually add the date but im afraid they might look at it and think the dates are photoshop. how many photos have you sent in? cause i only have a few lifestyle photos but a lot of studio photos that i took with her :( do you think if i send in a couple of studio photos along with couple of lifestyle photos are fine?

Timeline

Also, your naturalization certificate and passport are both proof of Citizenship. Other evidence if you have it could be good like receipts, possible hotel itinerary with both of your names on it, and even pics with you your fiance and her mother or father.

In general you want to make your evidence read like a good story and with no red flags in sight.

:o too bad i dont have any receipts.. :unsure: i dont even have photos of me and her family.. and the only receipts i have is the western union receipts that i send her once in a while, which i will probably will not include as that may raise a red flag. yea it sucks. i should have been more prepared back then. but i will include more evidence as time goes along and give it to her for the interview.

:o too bad i dont have any receipts.. :unsure: i dont even have photos of me and her family.. and the only receipts i have is the western union receipts that i send her once in a while, which i will probably will not include as that may raise a red flag. yea it sucks. i should have been more prepared back then. but i will include more evidence as time goes along and give it to her for the interview.

Wow yeah, is this your first time to China. If thats true your passport stamps sort of show the time frame the pictures had to be taken, if the pictures have a Chinese sort of background.

You can attach documents explaing things, if you think that will help.

Yes list the dates on the back of the photos, they'll believe you unless there's a reason not to.

Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys! two questions:

1. when filing the initial petition, they require proof of citizenship. I was a naturalized citizenship through my dad and i have my copy of naturalization certificate. Do i need just my copy of the certificate and send it in, or do I also need to have both me and my dad's copy of naturalization certificate and send it in?

2. for the proof of having met last two years, i only have photos with no dates printed on the photos and boarding pass that i actually went to my fiancee's country last year along with passport stamps. do you think that is enough evidence of having been met? If i include passport stamps as evidence, do i need to print out only the pages indicating that year of entry (including the visa and information page) or every pages in my passport?

1. Sorry can't help you there.

2. I did not date any of my photos. The pics obviously showed I was in Nigeria. I also sent pics of me with his family. Send in what pics you have and your boarding passes and passport info. Most people sent all pages of their passport but I only sent my information page and passport stamp pages (even ones from other countries).

02iqn7wnr.png

so you wrote the date on front of the photo or the back? that would sort of mess up the picture if it was in the front. I have this program call "timetophoto" and actually add the date but im afraid they might look at it and think the dates are photoshop. how many photos have you sent in? cause i only have a few lifestyle photos but a lot of studio photos that i took with her :( do you think if i send in a couple of studio photos along with couple of lifestyle photos are fine?

On the back of the photo. The program you have does it add it to the front or back of the photos? I sent 5 like the ones the k-1 guide suggests. I mean if you guys wanted studio photo's for your own sake that's fine. But just pictures taken with you camera I think would be best. The studio photos may look as if you are trying to hard. If you have pictures with eachothers families include those I did shows strong support from you family. If you don't have any with you family don't worry about it's not a big deal. Photos of you two together just out and about are great. If you don't have hotel receipts or other types of receipts don't worry they are not needed nor required justeither a copy of your boarding pass or a passport with the stamps are more then sufficent.

Edited by Sunny123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.