ManilatoSeattle

Urgent reply... Sputum test @ st. lukes

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi manilatoseattle! Here is a link I have researched regarding TB/ suspected TB. This is the guideline they use:www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/tuberculosis-ti-2009.pdf I hope that helps and will allay your fears. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

THis is very useful! thanks for the Info. :yes:

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

I have another question. Will I get my first 3 sputum result on the same day?

No, I believe the smear tests take a couple of days. In any case, you will still have to wait for the eight-week TB culture.

Timeline

No, I believe the smear tests take a couple of days. In any case, you will still have to wait for the eight-week TB culture.

oh I see. thanks

oh I see. thanks

st. lukes is first come first served. No waiting or scheduling. The hard part is the embassy interview, and scheduling it. From what I hear you do not get much time online. But you cannot schedule until paid. the nice part is you can pay through bancnet or send money to your fiance via xoom, and she can pay right at the bank when she picks it up. Also, do not forget the CFO guidance session. Without it she cannot leave the Philippines. The embassy does not tell you this part. wish you the best....

does really anyone experience this that the immigration in manila denied the departure? This sounds a scam

does really anyone experience this that the immigration in manila denied the departure? This sounds a scam

It is not a scam. You will be denied departure if you do not have the CFO sticker in your passport.

also st.lukes told me that my culture result might take 8 to 10 weeks. Is that actually what they tell everyone?

Yes. However, it usually takes eight weeks.

Timeline

It is not a scam. You will be denied departure if you do not have the CFO sticker in your passport.

Yes. However, it usually takes eight weeks.

Ok it won't hurt to do so... thanks

Timeline

oh I see. thanks

oh I see. thanks

If you are talking about the CFO sticker, yes, they can prevent your fiancee from getting on the plane. I would check the CFO website for details. The CFO office in Cebu is staffed by nuns, and they were quite strict during my fiancee's interview (i.e. questions about the relationship/intimacy) and made her return a second time with MY birth certificate before they would give her a course certificate. You need the certificate in order to get the CFO sticker afixed in the passport. I would not take any of this lightly. Good luck.

Timeline

If you are talking about the CFO sticker, yes, they can prevent your fiancee from getting on the plane. I would check the CFO website for details. The CFO office in Cebu is staffed by nuns, and they were quite strict during my fiancee's interview (i.e. questions about the relationship/intimacy) and made her return a second time with MY birth certificate before they would give her a course certificate. You need the certificate in order to get the CFO sticker afixed in the passport. I would not take any of this lightly. Good luck.

Thank you for the info appreciate it.

Timeline

My interview date is on June 21. Should I call the call center to have my interview date move?

Today is my first day of my sputum test. Is it reasonable if I ask for first week of august (time frame) interview appointment?

thanks

My interview date is on June 21. Should I call the call center to have my interview date move?

Today is my first day of my sputum test. Is it reasonable if I ask for first week of august (time frame) interview appointment?

thanks

You do not need to call the call center to reschedule your interview. St. Lukes will inform the Embassy that your interview will be delayed.

After your eight-week culture, either you or St. Lukes will reschedule your interview. When you go back in to St. Lukes for the results of your culture, ask St. Lukes if they will reschedule your interview, or if you must reschedule your interview.

Timeline

Thanks Tahoma for the reply! :)

I did went to St.Lukes to get the result of my Smear test it turned out negative :) thanks god!

I am scheduled to call them on July 25 to see if the culture result is available.

Thank you all for the courage and support...

Thanks Tahoma for the reply! :)

I did went to St.Lukes to get the result of my Smear test it turned out negative :) thanks god!

I am scheduled to call them on July 25 to see if the culture result is available.

Thank you all for the courage and support...

Walang anuman po. :star:

Congratz on your negative smear tests. :thumbs:

Keep in mind that very few cultures are positive. You should complete your interview at the end of July or the beginning of August.

Good luck! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.