Kimchimex

the most confusing website evaaaaar

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok we are thinking of heading to Juarez the first week in June...so I have been snooping around the website info sent in packet 3 well fer cryin' out loud!!! what a mess! I just don't know what to do first? pay/fill something out/etc>>>>

Rip is coming over Saturday & we are gonna try to figure it out together.

We hope to fly to Cozumel Monday AHHHHHHH I am not ready!

Hit Juarez the following week...

Thanks for letting me whine...now send me cheese!

I suppose we will figure out the new website, but with 2 kids in there we have lots of forms to fill out & I just don't know what to do first...

Anyone who has done the new ASC think online at Juarez...helpful hints???

Kim

Happy we have our NOA2...worried about messing up in scary Mexican city!

Timeline

want some crackers too? hahaha

Sorry :blush: I will be attentive to people's replies and see what I can learn too :star:

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

05-16-2011 Packet 3 received

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-01-2011 Interview & approved!

08-03-2011 Got the visas!

08-04-2011 POE Juarez, 5 minutes at 6:10 am!!

08-19-2011 Married

10-19-2011 AOS package sent

11-08-2011 AOS package re-sent

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

12-20-2011 BIO apointment

Timeline

I just filled out the DS-260 last night for my fiance. You need to do this first before you can sign up for your interview. Be warned-it takes a while-it took me about 2-3 hours (because they ask for addresses/employment info). Then you can pay and choose your ASC and interview dates and locations (my fiance is going to have his ASC appt in Merida before going to Ciudad Juarez for his interview on June 10th). Hope this helps a bit. I just followed the link from the Consulate's website to end up in the right place. You will need info from the letter sent by the NVC (which I haven't received yet, but I called the NVC). Good luck!

Timeline

I just filled out the DS-260 last night for my fiance. You need to do this first before you can sign up for your interview. Be warned-it takes a while-it took me about 2-3 hours (because they ask for addresses/employment info). Then you can pay and choose your ASC and interview dates and locations (my fiance is going to have his ASC appt in Merida before going to Ciudad Juarez for his interview on June 10th). Hope this helps a bit. I just followed the link from the Consulate's website to end up in the right place. You will need info from the letter sent by the NVC (which I haven't received yet, but I called the NVC). Good luck!

We have all the info since I cheated & found a form & filled them out by hand so all the information will be at our finger tips...we will need to do every thing 3 times since we have the children...

I love Merida...does your fiancee live close? I spend a lot of time there & have lots of friends there!!! We thought about going there for ASC first as well but the travel from Isla Cozumel by ferry then the bus to Merida & back adds up!

We have our invitation letter so we are ready to go...sorta LOL!

Thanks everyone!

LOL yes cheese crackers & whine!!!!!

Sarah is Michael near Buffalo New York? or Buffalo Minnesota?

Edited by Kimchimex

Timeline

No, New York. Minnesota is not on the right coast, right? so how far is it from CO? He is from NY but lives in CO, which is where the kids and I are going.

Edited by Sarah&Michael

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-19-2011 Married

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I like this website, it has everything you'll need. Just take it paso a paso and you'll be fine! http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html

Get the evidence of relationship together and the financial and citizenship verifications.

Fill out the pdf forms (DS-156 and DS-156K)

Fill out the electronic form DS-260. Remember that to log in to the website to fill in the DS-260 you need to first call the NVC and ask for another log in number apart from the case number. The DS-260 IS long but pretty straightforward and the other forms are totally simple.

After you fill out the forms, pay the fee online or over the phone and then make the appointments using the confirmation numbers from the payment and DS-260.

I printed out the checklist from the "packet 3" (also on the above website) and crossed out everything as I completed it.

You got this!

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Minnesota is not on the right coast, right?
Q: Why doesn't Iowa slide into Missouri?

A: Because Minnesota sucks, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Q: Why doesn't Iowa slide into Missouri?

A: Because Minnesota sucks, si man.

Lucky I live in Wisconsin...LOL...the fiancee's will live in Minnesota poor Viking lovers...I am a Cheese head!

No, New York. Minnesota is not on the right coast, right? so how far is it from CO? He is from NY but lives in CO, which is where the kids and I are going.

Minnesota is in the middle of the country by Lake Superior Canada!

Guess we won't be going out for coffee jeje!

Colorado is beautiful Sarah!!!

Timeline

I like this website, it has everything you'll need. Just take it paso a paso and you'll be fine! http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html

Get the evidence of relationship together and the financial and citizenship verifications.

Fill out the pdf forms (DS-156 and DS-156K)

Fill out the electronic form DS-260. Remember that to log in to the website to fill in the DS-260 you need to first call the NVC and ask for another log in number apart from the case number. The DS-260 IS long but pretty straightforward and the other forms are totally simple.

After you fill out the forms, pay the fee online or over the phone and then make the appointments using the confirmation numbers from the payment and DS-260.

I printed out the checklist from the "packet 3" (also on the above website) and crossed out everything as I completed it.

You got this!

Once again Maria thanks so much...Rip is coming over saturday & we are going to fill it all out together!

Lupita is ordering last kids passport today (finally...I think she is in shock now that we have the invitation letter)

We are trying to get to Juarez fast since Rip is starting a new job on June 13!!! How do we explain all that new job stuff to the consulate? it is closer to home & a raise in pay...but new job none the less & can't really ask for a letter from the employer so he is bringing the new contract he signed plus all the bank info! He will write a letter stating he accepted a new position which is in a more stable company, better pay & benefits!

It looks like we need to pay fees online ($350 each) before we get a number to fill stuff out...

Timeline

Lucky I live in Wisconsin...LOL...the fiancee's will live in Minnesota poor Viking lovers...I am a Cheese head!

Minnesota is in the middle of the country by Lake Superior Canada!

Guess we won't be going out for coffee jeje!

Colorado is beautiful Sarah!!!

Yes, so I've heard. Who says we can't go out for coffee? Not every weekend, but once in a while! Let's keep in touch after this journey ;)

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-19-2011 Married

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We have all the info since I cheated & found a form & filled them out by hand so all the information will be at our finger tips...we will need to do every thing 3 times since we have the children...

I love Merida...does your fiancee live close? I spend a lot of time there & have lots of friends there!!! We thought about going there for ASC first as well but the travel from Isla Cozumel by ferry then the bus to Merida & back adds up!

We have our invitation letter so we are ready to go...sorta LOL!

Thanks everyone!

Hi Kimchimex! can you email me the forms we need to fill out?? I want to cheat too and be ready for my interview as soon as I get the invitation letter!!! thanks

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Timeline

Hi Kimchimex! can you email me the forms we need to fill out?? I want to cheat too and be ready for my interview as soon as I get the invitation letter!!! thanks

i will look for them...may take me a bit i am in packing frenzy

Timeline

Can I add my two-cents here? When you all go to Juarez, be very careful while waiting in the line to go in. Also, there will be a very long line. Do not wait in this line. Tell the guard that you are there for a fiance Visa. I do not know if they do this all the time, but the guards allowed us to pass through their barriers to a waiting area much shorter than the other. Very official people in uniforms walk up and down the lane, saying that they work for the consulate and that they are there to make sure that all your papers are in order. Do not trust them. They are there to steal from gullible desperate people, who would do almost anything to go to the United States. One other thing, do not bring anything with you, including nail clippers, your purse, not anything, or you will not get to pass through. I can't remember if we brought the baby stroller, but you get the idea.

Most hotels will have a shuttle that will drive you to where you need to go, usually this is paid with your hotel bill. Do not trust any type of public transist, including most taxi's. If you need a taxi, ask the front desk at your hotel. No guarantees but it is less risky.

One more thing. When you get your medical packet and CD disk, do not open it. Do not open it. And, when you get your approval packet from DHL delivery, do not open it. Do not open it. Take it to the port of entry that you will be using to cross into the United States.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.